Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Beginning my first track

Beginning my first track 2 years 6 months ago #24055

Hi Everyone,

Today is my off day. I get only one off day per week.

Its 10:25am right now. I have ableton opened and am going to create a track by using Philip George - Wish You Were Mine as a ghost track. I read that its a good way to create my own music.

I have mapped out where the melody hook is and the "meat"of the tune. So lets see where this takes me.

PS : i have zero musical knowledge and have never created music before.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Beginning my first track 2 years 6 months ago #24060

Ok guys... 10hrs later (4++hrs of actual productivity and this is the crap i came up with)
soundcloud.com/trippyeinstein/unknown-track-version-1

it has has

1) melody (gminor )
2) bass which is horrendous
3) kick and clap

i think i have alot of work to do ... hmm... should learn from tom INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL AUDIO PRODUCTION instead of just trying to create a track with no foundation.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by trippyeinstein. Reason: wrong link

Beginning my first track 2 years 6 months ago #24062

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
I bought toms intro series, think it was about $10 and got sent on a number of dvd/cds. Over the years Ive spent a fortune on hardware synths, push, vsts, live. However out of all the money Ive spent on my studio, that $10 did more to improve my music production and sound than anything else.
The people on this forum are also really, really, helpful as well, so are in the right place
The following user(s) said Thank You: trippyeinstein

Beginning my first track 2 years 6 months ago #24069

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Yeah i agree with Martyn, check out Toms other tutorials you will learn a lot.

My advice to you though is just lay down a 3 to 5 min track, just have fun, no limits but just enjoy making a 5 min track as this helps you with arranging a track and also helps get you familiar with Ableton (or whatever DAW you use).
Try not to get sucked into making a 7 second loop sound the best it can for 10hrs, at least not yet anyways lol..... Just have fun bro. :cheer:
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The following user(s) said Thank You: trippyeinstein

Beginning my first track 2 years 6 months ago #24091

Ok thank you. I will first check out the 10hr Introduction to DAP first just to get the foundations right.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts