Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: DJEQ3FX looper still not functional

DJEQ3FX looper still not functional 2 years 4 months ago #24095

• 1pauluzz1
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hi Tom,

Great work on all the things that you do. I've become a pro member mainly for the reason of downloading the DJ megaset 2.0. I was mainly interested in the DJEQ3FX device because it includes a looper function (traktor-style looping).

The looper wasn't fully functioning in April 2014, but "would be updated within a week". I've just downloaded the megaset and I'm disappointed to find out that the looper still isn't functioning.

I don't want to sound like a dick but I probably would not have become a paying member if I would have known this in advance. I might have put my money in the only other M4L alternative that I've been able to find; Isotonik Studios (or the free Clyphx, but that would be a bit of a step backwards). Am I overlooking an updated version perhaps? If not, what are your estimations on updating it?

Cheers-
Paul
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DJEQ3FX looper still not functional 2 years 4 months ago #24104

• 1pauluzz1
Hm I guess I did come across as a bit of an ass, sorry about that. I'll go ahead and try to find some alternatives and see if I can build it myself. If I manage to find/make something I'll post back here. No worries about the money as I've learned a great deal from your videos a couple of years back -- you're more than entitled to some funding.

Keep up the good work.

DJEQ3FX looper still not functional 2 years 4 months ago #24192

• ds1291
  • Thank you received: 1
I would like to bump this topic, as I became a pro member for the exact same reason. Almost primarily for the looper function, although the template is amazing as well.

I also submitted a support ticket about this an hour or so ago, so hopefully I will get a response soon.

Thanks Tom for all your stuff, keep it up, and please get the looper working!

(anyone else who is looking forward to this, please respond on this post so we can get it resolved)

Thanks,
Cheers,

DJEQ3FX looper still not functional 2 years 4 months ago #24196

• mikebosch
  • Thank you received: 1
I just did a copy and paste from the same topic I started a while ago beneath this sentence. Didn't know that this topic was here as well.

"As far as I know there is no date yet. I was expecting to see it a couple of years ago, but since there seems to be no update on this I moved on to the Isotonik Studio loopers (which I already had, but have been improved with regular updates).
I appreciate all that Tom has done and is doing and guys they are very busy with other stuff, so this is probably not their priority, but I would love to see an update within at least a couple of months from the time it was promised, and if not just a reply.

Not any of that so I kind of let this go and moved on with using other solutions."

DJEQ3FX looper still not functional 2 years 4 months ago #24200

• 1pauluzz1
FYI - I've also bought the Isotonik DJ collection. The looper is ok, but I wasn't blown away by it. It was a bit too unreliable for me, so I just went with mapping set/set/loop in clips instead. That can be done in Ableton natively and it gives you punch in, punch out and loop on/off functionality. Works good enough for me.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts