Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: is this site alive? really?

is this site alive? really? 2 years 2 months ago #24485

• mc
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Just checked
seems the last time Tom Cosm posted was three months ago
www.cosm.co.nz/index.php?option=com_comm...userid=67&Itemid=163

Now i'm happy to pay for membership to have access to the tutorials - once - to download the content.
and of course anyone can do that for 9 bucks for a one month membership rather than paying for the year as i have - thinking the pro space would be quite active.
But it doesn't seem to be.

it seems like with Twitch, Splice and YouTube, that's where Mr. Cosm is mainly? creating fab content to be sure, but not hanging here.
also a little dispiriting when
the first thing that greats my first pro access is "all my content's been pirated so what else can add value here" = and that was months ago too -
it seems this site is well, moribund?

Perhaps if so, a better option would be simply to make the content available as high quality downloads and let go of the forum if it's own host is not going to show up regularly?

thoughts?

mc
@mcphoo
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by mc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is this site alive? really? 2 years 1 month ago #24495

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Hey man.

Yeah I get what you mean as I completely agree with you, I've been here for sometime and i love the place, but your right its been a while since Tom made an appearance here and its getting rather quiet here. It normally picks up around Cosmic Core time when members and site users gather together to create an album via the site.

I will forward on this message to Tom as he may not have seen it and is always wanting to hear feedback for the site.

Cheers :)
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The following user(s) said Thank You: mc

is this site alive? really? 2 years 1 month ago #24555

• araz
  • Thank you received: 2
I've heard that they were moving and it's been busy at their office. disconnecting computers, shipping them, and putting them back together. This is all happening now i believe or should be done soon.

but i agree, kinda quite. i expected more noise. even from the community.

is this site alive? really? 2 years 1 month ago #24557

• mc
thank you
if you could also pass along that on the question what can we do for pro members to make it more valuable? i've added a handful of suggestions...no replies

tnkx

mc

is this site alive? really? 2 years 3 weeks ago #24644

• Dalziel
I'm new to the site and keen to get involved and be an active member. Lets Spark the fire guys!

is this site alive? really? 1 year 11 months ago #24702

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Yeah the fire does need sparking, even i have dropped the ball when it comes to this forum (first time in 5 years). The community does feel like it's died down somewhat, Tom is super busy though and does have plans for the site but I still think it wouldn't harm him popping in and answering a few posts and questions every now and then, I personally cant remember the last time I've seen him active here with regards to posts anyway's. I guess any community would die down if the star of the show and the reason people come here in the first place disappears for a long time.

Tom is very active on Facebook too, not sure why he cant link his recent Facebook ,Twitch and Youtube activity here for us to see first, especially the members that pay to use the site.

I can only answer so much as I have way less time than I used too but I still check the forum everyday, we need more people answering questions and posts. I'm certainly no Tom Cosm when it comes to Ableton so I can only answer what I actually know or point someone in the direction of finding the answer they need.

Hopefully the Cosmic Core buzz will come back or even better Tom will come back soon B)
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions

is this site alive? really? 1 year 11 months ago #24711

• Bayley
  • Thank you received: 4
Yeah I totally agree. I have been a paying member for about a year I would guess. I am going to cancel my sub I think and check back to see if anything picks up in the future. I haven't made that many threads myself but when I have Karl, you have been the most responsive and helpful dude on here without a doubt and that's been appreciated for sure! But as you say, it's a shame that Tom doesn't come on more often and reply to some of the posts. I've learned a load of seriously cool stuff from toms tutorials and production videos, but I don't think I can justify paying monthly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl37

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts