Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: New pro member with a question about tutorial.

New pro member with a question about tutorial. 1 year 7 months ago #24786

• fojomo
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
I'm just starting out with Live 9 Standard and joined as a Pro member recently to take advantage of all the tutorials. I just started on "An Introduction to Digital Audio Production." Also, I just bought the AKAI Advance49 keyboard and would like to use it with the above tutorial. At (video time 6:37), the tutorial talks about dragging midi effects, audio effects . etc. down below where as Tom says "where the machines are kept." He than drags and drops "analog" into place. He goes on from there about the "A" note etc. Anyway, I'd like to go through this tutorial using my Advance 49 and the VIP plugin .. (or whatever I need to drag and drop to use my Advance49 keyboard instead of my laptop keyboard). I load VIP and try to drag it into place and nothing happens. I'm sure there is something I'm not privy to (I guess you can't drag and drop a plugin?). Do I have to do some kind of "mapping"? If so, is there a tutorial on that anyone can recommend? Or, do you recommend I use something other than the VIP plugin to get my keyboard to work with the tutorial? Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New pro member with a question about tutorial. 1 year 7 months ago #24788

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Hey did you 'Arm' your track before playing on your midi keyboard?
It's a common thing to forget when first using Ableton as you don't notice them. You can arm multiple tracks too to play many synths together also.

Here is a picture of the 'arm track' button in session view....the same button is in arrangement view also (horizontal view) but at the end of each track. when loading a synth or vst onto your track press that red button to arm it, your midi keyboard will then play what ever is on that track.

Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts