Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest
Please refrain from trying to upload music using the "attachment" part of your post - unfortunately we are unable to host other peoples music due to bandwidth / copyright issues - the ideal way is to upload your track to www.soundcloud.com and post a link. If you have something against soundcloud, www.mediafire.com works and has an audio streamer.

TOPIC: have not been here for a while

have not been here for a while 8 months 1 week ago #25624

• MOutcast
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 50
hi guys,

i have not been here for a long time. i had been going wild with some simple hardware instruments and thought that what i was doing was not realy fitting in this forum any more.
coincidently i stumbled over a video where tom is playing with hard ware around, partly with the same instruments i am using. so i thought it time to see what is going on here.

i realise i have also missed one or two volums of cosmic core :-( i will also check out what is going on there.

meantime here is my last video, somewhat representing with what i was plaing around during my absence.

cheers jens
The administrator has disabled public write access.

have not been here for a while 8 months 1 week ago #25625

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Hey man welcome back.

I'm surprised you left because you thought your music was not fitting for this site, I would say the same about my music also but for the fact this is an ableton and Music production forum before anything else...including genre of music.

I like your video Jens, you should just be yourself here and do not worry about other peoples music styles etc, this is a place for us all to share our music regardless of genre.

As for the site, you really have not missed much, its very slow now including the cosmic core. oh an of course the spammers who actually seem to post more regularly than the members now lol.

Will be good to see you around here more often. take care.

Karl
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions

have not been here for a while 8 months 1 week ago #25626

• MOutcast
hi karl, thanks very much. yes, i guess it was in my head only...
had a listen to some of your recent things on soundcloud. as allways nice sounding stuff.
are the vocals on the last track from a singer? sounds good.

have not been here for a while 8 months 1 week ago #25627

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
No mate these are from a Kontakt library called 'Clara's Vocals'

Very nice library to use, thanks for listening to my last few tracks Jens :)
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions

have not been here for a while 8 months 1 week ago #25628

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
Hey Jens,

Nice to hear from you.
As I told you, I really like what you are doing with your Volca gear!
I currently play a lot with hardware synth in my new band, without computer, so I especially like to see this kind of live performance.

As Karl says, we are maybe ableton users, but we are first music lovers and musicians. So keep on posting your stuffs on this forum.
Of course, the forum is feeling like a ghost town now and it's really a pity ;)

Cheers,

Luc
lucky one - Atmospheric Electronica & ChillOut - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

have not been here for a while 8 months 1 week ago #25629

• MOutcast
hi luc,

thanks also to you for your answer. which hardware do you use now? i remember you had a arturia microbute and a phat freddy moog?
i am sure sure you have some more now if i consider addictivnes of this sort of things :-)?

have not been here for a while 8 months 6 days ago #25630

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
Hmmm yes indeed, I was not really able to stop after the Moog and the Microbrute. They are both monophonic, so I had to buy a poly synth.

I bought a second hand Elektron Analog keys, and it's just a dream for production. There is a direct connection through usb, and I can drive the synth completely with a vst, and get each of the four voices directly recorded in my DAW. It's just fantastic! The sound, the workflow, the flexibility, everything is fantastic :)
So I use the Elektron and Moog for production.

With my band, I use the Arturia Microbrute with two delay pedals (strymon El Capistan and EHX Memory Man with Hazarai). Just knobs, no menu. A huge lot of fun to play live with the drums and the contrabass. A friend also gave me a Novation K-station, a virtual analog poly-synth that is really complimentary.

Cheers,

Luc
lucky one - Atmospheric Electronica & ChillOut - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

have not been here for a while 8 months 6 days ago #25632

• MOutcast
hi luc,

you mentioned your life band before. but i think i never heard it. can i hear it somewhere?

greetings jens

have not been here for a while 8 months 5 days ago #25633

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
Yes indeed. We don't have any demo yet, we don't even have a complete song ready, lol :laugh:
We play only twice a month, and sometimes just once, so it's difficult to build something.

I can just show you a recording of a rehearsal to give you an idea of the genre, but we don't play well at all and it's quite boring ;)

In this video, there is a contrebass, the drummer with additional electronic pads. I use only the Microbrute with two delays delay pedals.

Cheers,

Luc

have not been here for a while 8 months 1 day ago #25639

• MOutcast
hi luc,

really cool band i love the mix with jazz and using the electronic stuff that way in a life setup

have not been here for a while 7 months 4 weeks ago #25645

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
Hey bro welcome back! I see the battery powered buzz has caught you too. I'm still heavily learning from my setup but it's great to get away from the computer now and then.

have not been here for a while 7 months 4 weeks ago #25649

• MOutcast
thanks tom, yes, i am hooked to the improvisation with these little cigare boxes. i am also far from getting all the possible ways to play them into muscle memory, but in a way i am taking the results coming out of lack of control as sonic discoveries. very cool the stuff that comes out of your setup! really like it..
i just invested to make my setup a little bigger and ordered a arturia beatstep pro sequencer to controll the volcas via midi (and possibly future investments via cv, gate etc).
i like the idea to use the beatstep to synch the volca keys and bass together with a predefined scale, also i can make the beats bass and keys swing together and the beatstep has a random function that is adding variation to the sequences within the frame of chosen scales.
i guess you are doing all this with the novation circuit?

cheers jens

have not been here for a while 4 months 3 weeks ago #25829

• Fatb0y-nz
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 5
Gosh it's a while since I've been to this site. I bought a Microbrute and recently an Elektron Analog Four and have been playing with them. The A4 has good integration with Ableton Live but I am leaning towards the hardware more and more because it is tactile and the Microbrute especially is random, no presets. Now I have CV connection to drive the MB using the A4 sequencer - fun!

have not been here for a while 3 months 2 weeks ago #25874

• MOutcast
hello hello,

just to keep you all updated. i am playing now for a while around controlling the volcas with the beatstep pro and it is good fun.

here is the latest post to youtube. let me know what you think.

have not been here for a while 1 month 3 weeks ago #25926

• MOutcast
here a little update on my hardware adventures. i have been building the Doepfer DIY Synth and i love the sounds that i can get out of it.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts