Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion

Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2357

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
Hello!

So I thought I would start a forum thread so anyone who is helping out with this tune session this weekend can chip in their ideas.

Before I pick a time to start and go with it, can each of you who are involved let me know what timezone you are in, and what time period would suit you over the weekend.

I realize that there is a good chance we can't please everyone, so no doubt there will be some little sessions here and there after this saturday.

Also, the person who anonymously purchased the "Genre" has said they don't actually want to be involved in the production process, they just wanted to help out with some funds, and have left the Genre up to me... so I am going to leave it up to the team.

So if you could reply in this thread with

a) The part(s) you purchased

b) Your country / timezone

c) What time suits you

d) What genre you would like the tune to be

Great! I am really looking forward to this, I think it will have a really nice buzz to it!

Let me know

-Tom
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2358

• Kryten
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey there,

I purchsed the HiHats and SFX#3. (thinking of buying another small part of those left now.)

Im from germany, so my timezone is UTC+2 / CEST. I just had a look...here its 9:26 in the morning, at NZ its 19:26.
I have time from friday evening until sunday morning (in my time...and I surely need some sleep in between^^).

My favorite genre would be something around psytrance(no Dark or Fullon please^^) and progressive stuff, but I'm fine with it if it gets something else.

I'm also really excited. This will be great fun and a lot to learn for me I hope.

Cheers,
Kryten
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Kryten.

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2359

• shane
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
hi i bought the name and the structure, i think i bought 1 of the sound fx as well but cant really remember (was a hectic weekend)

im in northern ireland so ill be on gmt but im flexible as to what time the session is at so when ever suits every 1 else is fine by me

genre , well im into trance and techno and there is a big market in the uk at the min for a combination of the 2 but im just doing this for the experiance so im happy to just see how the track progresses or if all the other ppl in the experiment decide a genre happy days

really lookin forward to working with you all

cheers

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2360

• flowfy
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 2
hi i´m alex from germany.i bought the kick. my timezone is also utc+2/cest. i would like to work on this on saturday from 4 o´clock in the afternoon till open end (time is my timezone).on sunday it is difficult because i have to do a family visit but i could be available at 6 o´clock. genre: something electro - whatever it might be.
cheers to all!

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2362

• Syikom
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Good luck with this. Can we watch the process Tom? Fail to those trolls on the Ableton forum who bagged Tom for his great idea.

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2364

• shane
and percussion 1 :cheer:

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2366

• michaelknead
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Hey Tom, sorry for being late - just found your email inside my "spam" folder :P

here we go:

... Percussion 2

Germany, UTC/GMT +2 hours

c) What time suits you

I've already blocked the weekend from friday evening until sunday morning :)
However, it would be great to have a more "precise" time window ;)

I'm really open minded. I did some field sampling with my iPhone and I would like to prepare some funky percussive sounds which I might send to you. I'd really love to do some things on my own and send it over so you might rework them and fit them into the tune.

I'm greatly looking forward to our great project!

take care,
Michael

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2367

• hybridjosto
Hey guys

I bought chords/chord pattern.
I'm in the UK so its GMT

genre :not fussed. prefer melodic but open to other stuff.

I'm probably available Friday eve 6pm -7pm Saturday - anytime, Sunday 5pm onwards

cheers, looking forward to it!
Josh

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2369

• bedowin
Hi Tom
Bedowin Here.
Snare Part
USA Mountain Time
Any Genre is cool with me.
Let me know and I can do this any time.
Thanks

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2370

• krammit
gday,

i purchased sfx2

Sydney GMT +10

c) What time suits you

this is a tad difficult for me cause ive been unable to get out of work which really sux. saturday morning like starting pretty early or after 1am on sunday morning when im home from work again, anytime sunday up until 4pm in the arvo. I know those times suck so best just to organise around everyone else and if i can fit it in there, thats great or i'll contemplate throwing a sicky on saturday, i can throw one on saturday but not sunday.

oooo genre, im really into the progressive psy sound at the moment but im not too fussed, anything really, it'l be fun and a great learning curve whatever genre is chosen.

Is there any chance of having it recorded, like the whole screencast of the session so if people do end up having to miss it or parts of it, they can watch the session later. I know it would be a big file but what do you think?

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2374

• Kryten
I have a suggestion for the Genre:

Since we are all not too fussed about what genre it will be and we all are more or less working in different genres, why dont we just start the thing and see what comes out at the end?

As said were all more or less from different genres, so we have some intresting different influences here. Couldnt it work if we just put these together and let "the flow"(or something^^) decide where it goes?

Who know...maybe we even create something new and exciting :P

Cheers,
Kryten

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2375

• shane
<==== agrees with all of the above

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2376

• michaelknead
  • Veteran Member
I think that's perfect - this project is ideal for becoming something that "fuses" genres together. :)

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2380

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
I think the genre suggestion is a great idea also :) Let's do that!

I am going to propose that we start at 1000 GMT, that's 10pm my time.

the reason I think this is a good idea is it sounds like we can sort our the genre before this, so the next step is the structure, which shane has dibs on... so that will work ok with the time, assuming he is up and had breakfast.

Same goes for you hybridjosto, you are more than welcome to come up with the chords right here and now, and just tune in when you want... but that is something we need to have sorted before we get started on the melodic side of things.

Bedowin, you will probably tune in later down the track but that should be fine... if we need a dummy snare in the tune, it will only be a place filler until your up and about to give some input.

I have a feeling this might need to be split into a few sessions, however let's just roll with 1000 GMT for now, whoever is about join up... we can have a chat session and a plan. If we have enough to go on we will do it, and if we get to a lull we can take a break and talk shit.

All I have to do this weekend is go to my parents house for dinner on sunday evening at 6pm (6am sunday GMT), which will only take a few hours :P

In regards to recording this, I am going to screen record the whole process and make it available for all involved.

Right now tho it's 4am... so I am going to go to bed and hope that no one wakes me up until I have a good sleep in so I can be alert for this saturday!

As far as how we are going to watch this/chat... I am down to two options which I think are fit. I will decide this a few hours before we start, I will email you the link rather than post here so that it's not a public thing, so keep an eye on your email.

Again, I'm personally feeling pretty excited about this. I don't think I've seen something like this attempted before.

Let me know what your thinking.

-Tom

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2381

• hybridjosto
I can prob chip in at some point around 10am GMT so that will be cool. If for some reason i'm not there immediately, the chords I have been thinking about are...

D# minor 9 (no 5th) | F# Maj 9 (no 3rd) | B Maj 9 #4 (no 3rd)

I am up for discussion so if these don't fit or we want a B section etc, we can have a chat.

I'll email Tom a Midi file/ableton file for clarification of the voicings.

Josh

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2382

• jeffe
Hello all: Sorry for replying late to this. My name is Jeff DiPallo.

>> a) The part(s) you purchased

Melody 01

>> b) Your country / timezone

USA - California - Pacific Time

>> c) What time suits you

Unfortunately, I have to work till 6:00PM my time but from 7:00pm Pacific I will be available till whenever up until 11:00 am Sunday morning. I can be available late Sunday from 10:00PM pacific till whenever also.

>> d) What genre you would like the tune to be

I am open and agree with taking the "see as we go" approach. I generally prefer house/electro house/glitchy/dubstep. But, just excited to see how this all goes and psyched to be part of it.

I agree, it would be great to capture the whole session so thanks Tom for screen recording it.

Thanks!

Ciao

-Jeffe

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2385

• michaelknead
  • Veteran Member
I am a little confused now...

We'll meet at Saturday, 10:00AM GMT, right? And we'll get a link from Tom where / how to meet, right?

Will we have a video or at least audio chat? I think video would be sweet... like an iChat conference or Skype video... I think there are web services as well which might work.

Well, I'm pretty excited now and watch out for email as soon as I get up tomorrow (it's friday night, 11pm here now).

take care!

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2386

My names Dan and I'm from Tampa, Florida. I purchased the Builds (I cant remember if there were separate "builds" but i got one of em) and am super excited for the project!!! 10AM GMT is fine for me and I look forward to figuring out what genre this thing is gona be! I had my heart set on polka, but im willing to negotiate :p

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2387

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
Alright guys we are on for GMT 1000! I have emailed you all with what I am thinking, as well as the link and the password to get in. If you can't make it at that time, everything will be recorded, just come visit us when you get time :)

-Tom

Re:Tune Helper's Schedule Discussion 7 years 4 months ago #2389

• Kryten
Dang, even my Timezone confuses me ;) Thought its already 10GMT but looking at the worldclock now I see I have another 30mins to get awake and drink as much coffee as I can...

Well, were 2 in the chat now, see you there in 30mins ;)

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts