Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Update 15th August

Update 15th August 7 years 3 months ago #2970

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
So we attempted to have a session yesterday but unfortunately there were issues with running the streaming software and Ableton at the same time. For some reason the screencast software used LOTS of my CPU and made it nearly impossible! I blame the Portuguese heat, but who knows!

After some hunting around we agreed that a good solution be would to only stream Audio.

We downloaded Nicecast ( www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/ ) which did an excellent job at letting us play what we had in front of us, while the others tuned in.

There is no looking at the screen but this means all of us can work on the tune, simultaneously and then play each other what we create when ready.

Now that we have this sorted out, I would like to have another session, one to try and get this tune finished! I am off to Boom festival this weekend, so I was thinking a week night sometime next week.

Here is my proposed final schedule

17th August, 1900-2200 GMT - Another group chat with streaming audio.. .working on the tune. After this session all participants will have a clear idea of what their job is, something they can take away and do in their own time over the next week.

28th August, 1300-1600 GMT - A session to get the tune complete! We will bring in all the elements that people have been working on and tie them up together. Once that is compete I think Michael was keen to have a go at the propper mix down.

How does this sound? I know the last two sessions haven't been as productive as the first 8 hours (which we nailed!) so I am keen to get some great action happening over these last two.

Thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Update 15th August 7 years 3 months ago #2985

• Kryten
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Sounds good to me, with one exception: Im still looking for something you can use with windows systems to broadcast audio.

There seem to be many broadcast solutions(havent looked into them in detail yet), but I havent found anything useful for routing Live's audio to something I could broadcast (like audio hijack for MAC).

Maybe im thinking too difficult and those broadcasting softwares themselfes can do it. I hope I can look it up until tomorrow, so you can hear what I do also.

Cheers, Kryten
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts