Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: toms song

toms song 7 years 3 months ago #2986

I was wondering how tom did made it that a clip played a part of the song? i looked everywhere and cant find out how he did it. I would alos like to know how to add an accapela vocals and how to get it perfectly into the groove, any help would be much appreciated. B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:toms song 7 years 3 months ago #2992

• Kryten
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
For the Clip part:
I havent tried it by myself yet, but maybe he bounced those song, or parts of it, which he then put into the session view as clips.

Re:toms song 7 years 3 months ago #2993

• Kryten
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
For the Clip part:
I havent tried it by myself yet, but maybe he bounced those song, or parts of it, which he then put into the session view as clips.

Re:toms song 7 years 3 months ago #2994

• BillyMoon
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 3
It sounds like you're talking about resampling? I believe? Look up some tutorials on using the resampling feature and I think that'll get you going in the right direction there.

as for the accapella ... first off you MUST use your ears!!! Most important tool in this process hands down.

some pointers tho:

it helps if you know the tempo the acapella was recorded at. so you don't have to rely on Ableton's algorithm to figure it out.

get rid of any crazy warp markers that may be swaying the vocals off and on time...

also make sure you're using the complex algorithm for your warping.

that should get you goin there. Good luck to ya!!!!

-BM

Re:toms song 7 years 3 months ago #2995

complex algorithm? how do i go about doing any of this? if i make a track in reason save it as a wav. how would i go about setting up the clips to trigger a part of the song, like tom did in his tracks?

Re:toms song 7 years 3 months ago #2997

• BillyMoon
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 3
It sounds like you are just starting out on Ableton.

I reccomend you do a few of the tutorials built into ableton OR

MUCH BETTER would be to watch tom's videos.

He really goes through everything so clearly and thoroughly.

The videos are dense with info so pause a lot and follow along.

I say load a video on left and ableton on the right and go step by step with toms vids pausing then mimicking . I did that on a few bassline ones and it was REALLY fun! you'll learn a LOT. If you're not a pro member I highly suggest upgrading. its the best 10 bux you'll ever spend. EVER

best of luck!

-BM

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts