Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: A Terrible Type of Tinnitus-CC

A Terrible Type of Tinnitus-CC 7 years 1 month ago #3346

• KNutKase5000
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
Hey everyone. I entered this song into a competition and I would like some feedback and some plays because in order to move onto the next round I need more plays. Please pass it on and or give me feedback. Thanks everyone :)

A Terrible Type of Tinnitus-Contemplating Cogitation
soundcloud.com/contemplating-cogitation/...innitus-final-cut-lc
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Terrible Type of Tinnitus-CC 7 years 1 month ago #3351

• KNutKase5000
any one who wants the project file ... let me know...you can remix it or do w/e with it really

Re: A Terrible Type of Tinnitus-CC 7 years 1 month ago #3613

• Geneden
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey just had a listen...

Woah to the maximus-mother, thats one fresh sound man.

Regardless of the samples or what have you, its unique as hell.

I'm a lover of a well formed synth and it felt a little bare at points.

My criticisms (Feel free to take them or leave them)

- presets (Alot of the sounds are really preset and sound thin and kinda (eeky)

- Some weird high-pitched fail sounds {Lol} and by that i mean, EEEEk kill me now.

- Sub channel, You need a more raw/low bass i feel, maybe my speakers are letting me down but i tried boosting 50HZ/80HZ and 110HZ with very little lovin' so i'm thinking it could use some love.

But then again, maybe its the vibe you wanted.

As for Drums, kewl,raw,funk,could use a bito EQ'ing and yeah...

If you want more assistance i'm happy to share, didn't wanna slam this post will spam that you may not read lol.

O

And lol at "YUMMY YUMM YUMMMYMYYY" Lmfao.

Re: A Terrible Type of Tinnitus-CC 7 years 1 month ago #3614

• Geneden
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey just had a listen...

Woah to the maximus-mother, thats one fresh sound man.

Regardless of the samples or what have you, its unique as hell.

I'm a lover of a well formed synth and it felt a little bare at points.

My criticisms (Feel free to take them or leave them)

- presets (Alot of the sounds are really preset and sound thin and kinda (eeky)

- Some weird high-pitched fail sounds {Lol} and by that i mean, EEEEk kill me now.

- Sub channel, You need a more raw/low bass i feel, maybe my speakers are letting me down but i tried boosting 50HZ/80HZ and 110HZ with very little lovin' so i'm thinking it could use some love.

But then again, maybe its the vibe you wanted.

As for Drums, kewl,raw,funk,could use a bito EQ'ing and yeah...

If you want more assistance i'm happy to share, didn't wanna slam this post will spam that you may not read lol.

O

And lol at "YUMMY YUMM YUMMMYMYYY" Lmfao.

Re: A Terrible Type of Tinnitus-CC 7 years 1 month ago #3739

• KNutKase5000
Thanks man for the feedback...dont read this if you dont really care or have time its really me assessing how i think it sounds with your feedback

My goal when writing the synths was to get the most disgusting sound possible...out of tune and really dry with lots of stress if it made ur eyebrows rise or curl up into a little ball then I win as the musician! but its not a typical sound so I see why you said that. My brother is into avant guard post contemporary chamber music...so I kind of have the same strange sense of musical fluidity or w/e ... hopefully you understood that...right now i have mono so im not really in it w/e

Some of the high pitch squeaks were intentional like the one at 130ish...i took dubby break added delay resampled and slowly raised the pitch and brought it back down. The high hats do sound a little annoying but i was only experimenting...and some of the samples (the flute one) i should have done more eqing on...thanks for that piece of advice.

I didnt have much bass during this piece...i had a few acoustic bass samples and side-chain compressed them to the kick but that was about it...i think the kick sounds good with the bass. and in the middle i was going for a muddy bass sound...and it worked out cuz it sounds like crap but that was my goal

Thanks for all your feedback...and this was really my first track i put a lot of time into...since i have been adding sub bass channels and worked on eqing drums and lots of other funzy fun stuff :) I cant think of anything i need help on now but if i have a problem ill ask you or tom or anyone else who would take time to answer. Thx

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts