Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Rough track, take 1.

Rough track, take 1. 6 years 1 month ago #7062

• zivbk1
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
So I am working on my first full track in Ableton, and I have a short rough draft version of it that I made while triggering various scenes in Session view and recording to Arrangement view.

This could not be much more at the beginning of the process, but I am interested to see what you all have to say about it. I am not really looking for praise as much as criticism of major things like beat patterns, motif, style, etc.

I haven't done any mixing or anything else yet, like I said, this is raw meat.

soundcloud.com/zivbk1/raw-song-1-track
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by zivbk1. Reason: Soundcloud object did not embed, switched to link.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rough track, take 1. 6 years 1 month ago #7066

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
ok well this is Raw...you got alot of mixing down to do on this, watch your levels too mate....the main melody is cool...from 3mins on it sounds old skool double dragon arcade type thing. get some width into this track, use delays etc....pads are a good way to thicken your music out too. id go through your choice of instruments and Kick drum too...and sort the bassline out. Its slowly taking shape though mate so keep it up. : )

Karl
soundcloud.com/karl_37
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions

Re: Rough track, take 1. 6 years 1 month ago #7139

• Pervertuoso
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 6
Gotta agree with KG on this one, it does sound like double dragon, (... use the elbow it beats everything! lol) but, if thats what your going for, thats cool. Theres a lot of people into that whole 8bit thing these days. If not, a quick fix would be to just use the Hot Swap option as you listen and try out different tones. Maybe use some automation to give it some flow.
This is a great effort for someone who just got started. My best advice would be to Learn, Learn, Learn. Try YouTubing (obviously) Tom Cosm, Mr bill is the shit! Also DJ Vespers and Dubspot.
Cheers Bro.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts