Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: mY FIRST TRANCE TRYout

mY FIRST TRANCE TRYout 5 years 6 months ago #9278

• mEcaDO
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
... this is a test track made by me in ableton live 8... made with dreamspacer trance construction kit just for fun of making something "special" ... already working on second version with some new sounds ...:woohoo:

Track can be uploaded because of same technical issues... So here is the link...

soundcloud.com/mecadoaddicted/the-second-version-1
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by mEcaDO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: mY FIRST TRANCE TRYout 5 years 6 months ago #9282

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Nice job mate, Construction kits are good when your first starting out, they get you familiar with track layouts and gives you an idea how a track is broken up and what elements there are.

My advice is to try and copy these sounds and make them your self too, this way you will become familiar with how powerful ableton actually is and that these sounds will sound so much better if you make them yourself. Learn how to EQ your sounds and cut away unwanted frequencies.

All the best, and keep learning ;)

Karl
soundcloud.com/karl_37
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The following user(s) said Thank You: mEcaDO

Re: mY FIRST TRANCE TRYout 5 years 6 months ago #9288

• mEcaDO
Many thanks for your advice... Now I have revised all the parts of my track... I have put there some more loops and combinations of sounds that I have already used to make it more "full".

Now it looks like the image in the attachment. Looks like little anarchy on my track :)

I think after I will finish up combing each of the parts, I will record them as new complete sounds with some effects already added on and then... Then I will record a new version.

How did you mean: "How to EQ your sounds and cut away unwanted frequencies."?
Attachments:

Re: mY FIRST TRANCE TRYout 5 years 6 months ago #9293

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Use an 'EQ Eight' to remove unwanted frequencies that the human ear cant hear and unnecessary frequencies like cutting all your highs from sub bass and all your lows from sounds that operate in the high end of the spectrum like Hi Hats etc, this lets the other sounds breath and gives you headroom to work with, use compression also to make your low sounds sound as loud as your high sounds but don't go crazy, make subtle changes now and get experimental once your familiar with it all.
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The following user(s) said Thank You: mEcaDO

Re: mY FIRST TRANCE TRYout 5 years 6 months ago #9294

• mEcaDO
Sounds easy :-) Ok, will try :-)

Re: mY FIRST TRANCE TRYout 5 years 6 months ago #9295

• mEcaDO
And one question... Is there any easy and fast way how to make "one" recording from multiple tracks? With applyed effects etc... :(

Re: mY FIRST TRANCE TRYout 5 years 6 months ago #9299

• mEcaDO
Ok, got both things... I have played with effect for 6 hours... So... Now are my sounds tuned... THX

Re: mY FIRST TRANCE TRYout 5 years 6 months ago #9308

• mEcaDO

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts