Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Cosmic Core Promotion

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 9 months ago #16046

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 332
So, had an idea for a while now...

To celebrate the release of the 3rd Album [that's Cosmic Core (Vol 1), Drum & Bass From The Core and Cosmic Core Vol. II out soon] why don't we give something away to one of our fans?

My idea is to get an object, perhaps Tom would want to donate a T-shirt with a big mental picture of his face on it... or perhaps even better, we can make an A3 poster of the Cosmic Core logo in space, signed by every CC Artist so far (those that are still online and in our solar system).

To do this I would have to print a photo off, sign it, roll it up and mail it , along with the same pen, in a protective poster tube to the next, and closest, Cosmic Core artist, which process is then repeated by the next person in the chain, and so on and so forth , until it has burnt a ton or so of fossil fuels through its travels and lands back through my letterbox (if it fits) at which point I can post it off to some winner of some competition we haven't yet created, or the winner of a random sweepstake of all twitter/facebook/soundcloud followers.

What do you Cosmic Core gents and ladies think about this insane hairballed plan?

//Damon Breakz\\ B)
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by DamonBreakz. Reason: typos, grammar and shit like that
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LifeOnMTV

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 9 months ago #16048

• LifeOnMTV
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Good luck!
  • Thank you received: 42
Great idea, mail it in the same tube each time so all the different postage stamps and destinations are on it. Get each artist to take a photo with it too and post each of them online as it makes the rounds.
I run a weekly podcast & blog promoting independent music I find on Souncloud -> www.weeklypodcast.net

Remember to smile! It confuses people :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DamonBreakz

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 9 months ago #16053

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Exactly =) should be good. I'll put it on my list of things to sort out then! =)

//Damon Breakz\\

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 9 months ago #16075

• fcarroll
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 37
Sounds like a great idea ... maybe even something like a personal message from Tom and the crew on the next album, just an idea.

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 9 months ago #16076

• 9000knobs
  • Veteran Member
  • Tweak it !
  • Thank you received: 103
Japs, great idea.
I am in .
9000 Knobs - Audiovisual artist .

Music @ soundcloud.com/9000knobs
Info @ www.9000knobs.be

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 9 months ago #16081

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
Nice idea, can bring some attention indeed :)
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19384

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
Hey guys! Now the latest realease is out and cracking I though I'd resurrect this thread and get some new input on ways people think we can get the word out there. There's been talk already of CC having more of a 'core' part on this site, and I'm very keen on doing that over the next few weeks.. but in the meantime what can we do? Any suggestions for what I can do apart from the usual social media pushes?

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19397

• caris
  • Thank you received: 73
Has anyone given any thoughts to making a music video for one of the tracks? Some youtube exposure might be really good for the album....

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19404

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Good timing Caris, as I was talking to Tom about this yesterday =)

I think youtube is where it is at. I have asked on video forums before and also on this forum but no one has come forward. What we need to do is hook up with the visual equivalent of cosm.co.nz to make awesome videos for our music, donating time and releasing for free like we are doing with the music.

Anyone know such people? It would be great to see some videos and animations coming out for our tracks!

//Damon Breakz\\

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19412

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
I tried to find such forum a couple of years ago with no luck. I found some video producer forums, but they were not really interested in doing music videos, they were all stuck on doing their own shorts.

It would be me realistic to find some talent in our own community ;)
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19413

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
I'll do a post out to my twitter and facebook tomorrow when I haven't been drinking wine, I'm SURE there's something out there.

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19418

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
I would say from my experience of the Psy trance community, there are tons of really advanced forward thinking technical people who are into not only music, but visual arts like the fluorescent backdrops and installations for parties etc and also 3D animation. There's got to be at least someone who can relatively quickly knock out a decent video in the same way we can knock out decent tunes. but it's just putting the word out. Luckily we have Tom with his 100,000,000 followers =) Time for another one of your question time posts Tom :)

//Damon Breakz\\
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by DamonBreakz.

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19427

• caris
  • Thank you received: 73
I figured there would be people here since it's a common enough skill these days, and a lot of overlap with the electronic community. Perhaps we can find a film/visual arts student that is into electronic music and needs a project.

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19431

• Bl4cksun
  • Thank you received: 142
theres a couple ofmax for live plugins that could be used to create a video synced to music. Think there was one on the ableton web site a while ago, did a pretty good job with just a webcam pointed at the screen displaying the output. Lots of tempo/beat/sound to vid synced effects.
www.ableton.com/en/blog/get-know-rokvid-...m-rokhsar-winksound/
Wont be as good as a proper vid but might be useful for something quick and synced with the tune?

Not sure how to save the output might need yet another video camera?
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Bl4cksun.

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19435

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
It would be a good start to get a video student involved and it is also perfectly possible to do a decent music video ourselves using the max plug ins, plus there is Resolume which you can sync up with Live's clip triggers.

I am sure any of us could put something together and we have people like Bram (9000 Knobs) who is studying animation who could maybe help or give advice.

There are great HD cameras out there now too. I was looking at a Go Pro 3 the other day. amazing quality film footage (if any of us can afford that) otherwise, camera phones are good enough these days.

I have some Portuguese friends called Hijack Da Bass (I posted about them before). Two years ago they made an awesome video by themselves with an iPhone and Final Cut Pro, it looks great but I would have thought it took them lots of time, and they probably spent a lot of time learning how to do it too.

So, for the short term we can do it , but for the long term, it would be good to find some professional level directors / animators who are looking to do a batch of BASS ASS music videos, as they will be better quality that what we can do (I would hope!) because they'd be experts who have lived for video all their life. It would be / should be on another level.

The problem with finding pro graphic guys to help us, is that due to some imbalance in the universe, they seem to get paid a shitload of money by the business world and the media industry for their work. They get proper salaries and decent roles doing what they love. I am sure there are still companies that exploit them, and one day maybe almost everyone will be a Hollywood level director or animator in the same way almost everyone owns a guitar and has a song or is making awesome tracks in their bedrooms, but for now Graphics guys are still milking it. So they are hard to find because they are all too busy making cash!

We need some one who is forward thinking, talented and totally into our project sound and philosophy (Everyone working together to keep the CC albums free). Like us they will be volunteering their time because they enjoy it and also I really hope our work will act as a springboard to all involved and lead to paid work in future, so we can all do what we love full time, or fulfil whatever our individual music goals are.

So until we hear back from someone, perhaps we should put together the 'Cosmic Core Video Team' (I'll make a Thread). I've only got simple Photoshop and Animation/Video editing skills (some noob Maya, Premiere and Edius skills) but I'd be up for being on that, to do my bit, where I can.

We should choose one track at a time (Vote?) and work with the producer to conceptualise the video for their track as a storyboard, and make it happen by pulling our resources to reach the completed project. It's only 4 minutes or so of video for each track, it can't be that hard....can it? =)

//Damon Breakz\\

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19444

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Not sure if this has been said already but if all we're looking for is some youtube exposure then we don't need a video really. It would be a good added extra for sure but seriously we could come up with a basic animation with the cosmic core logo and put it out there. Or even just a static image with the music. I've seen a ton of songs that just have that kinda thing or random images going on. Just a thought.

Cosmic Core Promotion 3 years 2 months ago #19447

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Good point Mr Fork, you are pointy and pronged but perhaps the sharpest knife in the box.

Ok, how about this:

1) we start off with turning all 61 tracks into a video with the static image and upload to YouTube

2) next, we make animated logo to replace the static images and re-upload

3) We chose songs one by one to be given the Cosmic Core DIY video treatment

[Edit: I suggest we start with a Tom Cosm Cosmic Core track to get the motivation from his community base, which will give the video project as a whole a well needed kick-start]

4) We get momentum and interest from pros and get one awesome video made, followed by as many other tracks as possible.

So, who wants to have a go at a 'loopback' (a perfectly loop-able video clip). It could be our logo or something way cooler such as a bullet time of people dancing in a club or a watermelon exploding...still with our logo of course. Thinking caps on guys! =)

//Damon Breakz\\ B)

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts