Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Commercial Remix Opportunity

Commercial Remix Opportunity 3 years 11 months ago #19582

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Hi guys,

I am looking for someone who thinks they could be good at making Drum n Bass beats/tracks to finish work on / rework a remix idea I started over a year ago.

I can't get the right sound to finish it off, although I have laid down an interesting piano and bass-line part for it and have chopped up the vocals in an interesting way.

It's a very summery songs which is named after , draws a vibe from , the 'Zepelim' Zeppelin airship which visited Rio De Janeiro on one of it's trips when it was still airborne.

The original is by a duo called 'Duo Carioca' (which basically means a duo made up of 2 guys from Rio).

The guitarist is called Pepe and the singer is a major Brazilian star, Fabio Allman (Fabao) a vocalist of a HUGE group called Monobloco, and they are both friends of mine.

Fabao gave me the original files over a year ago and I have promised to finish it, but I can't do this on my own due to my skills lacking in certain areas and my family/work commitments making things difficult to ait down and concentrate on producing electronic music properly. This could be my last produced electronic track for a while.

So if someone wants to give it a go, if they can do a better version of the general idea I had, I can use my Portuguese skills to work on the vocal edits again from the separated tracks and provide the MIDI piano and bass parts.

After we have made the tune we have a green light to do whatever we want with it, after approval from Fabao and Pepe. I would like to get it mastered properly and put on itunes where I think it would do well. We can either do "[your name] vs Damon Breakz - Duo carioca remix" or we could think of a band name just for this remix.

As an example of their popularity, Monobloco currently have 149,336 likes, Fabao has 6,762 likes on facebook. Duo carioca themselves have 449 likes, many more than us an internal collaboration.

So they have many fans and I am sure they'd be up for downloading a track for $0.99 or $0.49 or whatever.

I think remixes and commissioned work is a way forward to enable CC artists to go more full time / pro with their music (if they want). If this works it would be a proof of concept that could be rolled out to other artists / remixes.

This is a really good opportunity.

cheers

//Damon Breakz\\
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Commercial Remix Opportunity 3 years 11 months ago #19583

• Urban Fox
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 6
cool, had a listen on your soundcloud. I'd love to have a go at a re-work of it :)

Commercial Remix Opportunity 3 years 11 months ago #19596

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Cool =) haha I just replied to Bl4cksun without checking here first. but no reason why we couldn't do a commercial sounding one that sticks to the main song and one or more different freestyle extended remixes.

That way if Fabao and Pepe are happy with it, they could release their tune properly and put all our remixes on it.

When I worked on a remix of a Simple Mind's track for EMI/Crysalis they released the original as a single and on the same CD they put a few remixes of it. (so it is a good way to release a track)

The rules are

1) We can't use the sound files for anything else

2) We can't put the finished product anywhere on the internet. It will be available from agreed download links for example itunes etc. Maybe we'll eventually put it on soundcloud as stream only, lets see.

2) Fabao and Pepe have to approve it (they like what I did already, so that shouldn't be a problem as i am sure it will end up even better that what I was doing)

3) Although I was given the green light to 'do what I want with it'. I'd like to see an official agreement for the release between us all that is fair and mutually beneficial and where everyone is very happy with the result.

This is a really good opportunity to remix a great song by a duo that has one of Brazil's top artists as its main singer. There are almost 200 million people in Brazil. it's a ENORMOUS MARKET, we will bring many big smiles to people and a lot of dancing will be taking place =) ! It would certainly give me some hope in music again if this was a success and I am sure it would lead to more remix opportunities within Cosmic Core for those who are up for it. Also February is Carnival time. Let's get it done before then, especially as this year is world cup carnival time.

//Damon Breakz\\
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by DamonBreakz.

Commercial Remix Opportunity 3 years 11 months ago #19632

• SUBSET
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 77
Hey Damon, I see you have a few responses already, but I'd also be keen to give this a go ;)

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts