Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Remix Opportunity

Remix Opportunity 2 years 11 months ago #20877

• michaelknead
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi guys,

I’d be interested to know if you like to make a remix for my latest track. If you haven’t heared it, here it is: www.michaelknead.com/spring/

I’ve decided to offer it for free under a CC license and I intend to pack all remixes from various producers into a nice free download as well so we all get some additional exposure and additional listeners. There will be well designed and handcrafted artwork included with the download package giving credit to everybody who is involved.

By the way: Claude Young (if you don't know him, he's a Techno Pioneer from Detroit) has already said yes to doing a remix and so have various other musicians from around the world.

We'll have all kinds of different genres – not just dance music, there is also Trip Hop and Ambient.
My personal feeling is that my stems are pretty good and inspiring.

So if you're interested in getting the stems and doing something (for free obviously), the deadline is ticking until the end of April.
Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Michael
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DamonBreakz

Remix Opportunity 2 years 11 months ago #20878

• brenno9
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 56
I would be interested

Remix Opportunity 2 years 11 months ago #20937

• Urban Fox
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 6
Cool man, wing me over the stems an i'll put together a mix =)

peace,

fox

Remix Opportunity 2 years 10 months ago #20963

• mykul0rr
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi,

I would be interested in doing something

Count me in

Remix Opportunity 2 years 9 months ago #21908

• Gician Music
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 2
:( awh! missed the deadline for this, next time!

Remix Opportunity 2 years 9 months ago #21916

• Jemeneye
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 55
yea same here... I'm a bit new to the site and I've found that I've missed out on a few remix opportunities. I'm sure they'll be some new ones coming up here soon!

Remix Opportunity 2 years 7 months ago #22436

• michaelknead
  • Veteran Member
Hi guys,

I have received a lot of emails and postings from many people and it was not easy to decide with who to collaborate. In the end, we've created what I think is a coherent album. 8 different remixes from 8 different artists, living all over the planet, making music in different (electronic) genres. We have everything from Trip Hop to Tech House and there is even an acoustic mix by Claude Young (if you don't know him, he's one of the Techno music pioneers!). Sorry for everybody who missed the chance.

If you want to grab your FREE copy of the album, it's now officially out and I think it's worth a listen:
michaelknead.com/2014/06/23/springtime-r...ree-mp3-remix-album/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bl4cksun

Remix Opportunity 2 years 7 months ago #22437

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
Michael,
thanks for releasing this remix album for free, some great tracks on there, my favs are Lucky One's and Daniel Brown's.
For an album consisting of 8 copies of the same song, that is a very varied bunch of tunes. You've done really well picking such a range of tunes.
Wish you lots of success with the release and thanks to all your contributors too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaelknead

Remix Opportunity 2 years 5 months ago #22809

• michaelknead
  • Veteran Member
Thank you for your kind words! The album is going quite well and I'm very happy about the variety that we were able to create.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts