Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation)

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 11 months ago #23203

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Hey guys, so the Trance album is sounding great so far but still being worked on, but if you have finished your track for that, or weren't into doing a Trance track anyhow, it's time to get involved with Cosmic Core Volume III !. If you want to be a part of this, state so below. You can make music in any genre that has elements of electronic music in it.

Just like our other albums it will follow Tom Cosm's ethos of 'Pay What You Want'. Essentially it is a Free 'double CD album' worth of about 22 tracks, submitted by producers from all around the world. Globalstyle baby!

It will be made available via Bandcamp and also for streaming on Soundcloud. Soundcloud has lost it's popularity a little recently amongst musicians in my opinion. Perhaps we can migrate to a free account with another service, but we currently have a Pro account which I now pay for annually. This is able to hold all the hours of music we have created, and we recoup a small amount of the yearly cost through donations.

I am confident that as our popularity and fanbase increases the chances of us receiving more donations for projects and cash for merchandise should also increase. Also the chance of paid live gigs and commercial remix opportunities for our artists will increase as our profiles are raised and connections are made internationally.

I feel Cosmic Core is an excellent way to team up with other producers and work together to produce great sounding albums and promote one another through our shared personal and social networks.

Guidelines for Cosmic Core Volume III (CCVol.3)

1) - No swearing, religious or political references - This will keep the Album hassle free and all about the music. It will keep our options open when it comes to promotion with media and radio etc. We've had disagreements over swearing and religious references in the past leading to an artist to pull out. That was unfortunate and although I didn't share the view of the person that left, I am sure we can make plenty of bad ass music without swearing (we could leave that to the remixes!). I don't like censorship myself, but perhaps we should do our best to find common ground here and also be aware that younger kids might be inspired by us, and no one wants to see kids cursing, so I just think it is f**kin* better at this stage of the game if we don't swear.

2) - NO IDENTIFIABLE SAMPLES, lyrics or remixes of any kind , even if re-recording (this reduces our chance of having to pull tracks frm albums and the artist getting sued by Lawyers who will sue us as that's what they do... and they are pretty good at it.

We never know, we could be a widely known group one day. (I hope so). It might take a while to get that level of attention from music lovers and media around the world, but when it happens it will attract the attention of a lot of people, and that will attract lawyers attention too, which will cause problems when we are struggling to start. So let's keep it 100% sample/copyright free =)

3) - Produce and submit an unmastered track as wav file with headroom, correctly labelled, 'Artist Name - Track name - Unmastered/Mastered - sample rate - bit rate'.wav (we did decide on a precise format before, I will find out and clarify this later ). If you don't want to be invited to the DropBox folder, you could just email it to me via wetransfer.com and I will upload it to the folder for you (PM me to get my email address).

4) - Provide all your contact info: email, real name, phone number so we can get hold of you if we need to, state the country/countries you will represent, supply a decent paragraph of a Bio (or much more if you like) with your Logo or photo for the site.

5) - Please keep and eye on the forum. Don't go AWOL! (EVEN IF THE PROJECT DRAGS ON AND ON.....which this one shouldn't). Keep checking the forum and make it a 'sticky' or Subcribe, or whatever, so that you get mailed of new updates.

6) - We are an Ableton Live based forum, so it is preferred that you use Ableton if you can, but not necessary. It just means we are able to help each other out if need be within the same application, by sharing song files over the internet.

7) - Deadlines.

No Deadlines! - We are all busy with a ton of projects, family stuff or studies which take priority. We all need to survive day to day, and we are not a business completing commissions for money. Not yet anyhow. We are doing this for ourselves, collectively. When we miss deadlines and make it a negative conversational point it justs makes us all feel crappy. So we need to keep things positive but we can certainly aim to release before a certain time (I would say by the end of May) but we just need be sensible about it and get the tracks produced as soon as we can.

The initial buzz has faded from the first album, but we still have a lot of potential. We should just stick at making the albums and get them done as soon as we can. When finished they will still sound awesome. We have a great discography so far!

Also, if you need to pull out of the album, no problem, let us know. And if you decide that you CAN make a track after all, don't be afraid to ask to come back in, if we still have spaces on the album. Failing that, your track can always be used on future releases.

8) Please conitinue to spread the word of our albums via Social media and though personal networks. Add me on facebook (and twitter once I get into it) and tell me of your news so I can share/retweet etc. Let me know what's going on ! We need to build our fanbase to maximise our reach! We all have tons of Social media friends , so we should have more than 300 followers on our FB page by now. Don't be afraid to tell people about our work! If you are involved in any album you are forever a part of Cosmic Core! =)

So, please state below if you are up for taking part.

If you can help with any other skills such as mastering / graphic design / video making etc., please let us know too!

Let's go!

//Damon Breakz\\ B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bl4cksun

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 11 months ago #23204

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
Sign me up!! Cant wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DamonBreakz

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 11 months ago #23205

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
I'm in!!!!

Cheers,

Luc
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 11 months ago #23206

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
I'm in for this one too. My new supercomputer turned up today. I will see how hard I can push it with audio tracks and FX!

//Damon Breakz\\

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 11 months ago #23208

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
Wondered why the lights went dim in the uk

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 11 months ago #23209

• SUBSET
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 77
Yep I'll join.

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 11 months ago #23211

• Kubaki
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Count me in :D

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 11 months ago #23212

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Count me in mate :cheer:
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 11 months ago #23223

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Sorry about that Blacksun , I was using too many megawatts..I have reduced my power consumption =)

Hi Kubaki, as you are new to the group, could you please PM me your email address. I'll drop you a mail, please then reply with your contact info, Bio and so on. Cheers!

Great to see the other regulars aboard!

//Damon Breakz\\

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 9 months ago #23370

• dugdigit
  • Thank you received: 1
I'd like to submit a track, my only question is does it have to be unmastered? I've worked hard at mastering this track and I'd kind of like to keep the work I've done. If it's only a matter of not using any limiting on the master then can I keep the multiband compression, eq, exciter and stereo imager on it as long as there is some headroom? thanks, Douglas

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 9 months ago #23373

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
Hi dugdigit,

There is no rule, you can master your track yourself as long as it nicely fit within the album.
The mastering effort is mostly to ave an homogeneous sounding album.

Cheers,

Luc
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by lucky one.

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 9 months ago #23411

• RKO
  • Thank you received: 6
Count me in ! :evil:

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 9 months ago #23437

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Great, this is moving fast already! This should be quicker to put together than the Trance Album, as it's easier to source tracks for a multigenre album.

New guys, please PM me all the info I need as per my first post - bio, photo , email , real name etc.. . I will start making a list of who's in and set up a Dropbox folder.

Cosmic Coolness,

//Damon Breakz\\

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 9 months ago #23438

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Kubaki, I sent you a mail just now. Dugdigit please PM me your email address and I drop you a mail.
=D cheers
//Damon Breakz\\

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 8 months ago #23624

• Scheimann
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 72
As always, would love to contribute

R/Scheimann

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 8 months ago #23667

• liornaar
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 12
i would like to get in this as well!

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 7 months ago #23729

• JungalistPrime
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 16
Count me in ;)

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 7 months ago #23749

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
11 artist so far, including me, 11 more needed to match the other volumes' count of 22 tracks.

Get tunes in asap. The quicker we all do this the quicker it can move along! yeaaaaaaaaah here it comes!!

Cheeeeeeeers!

//Damon Breakz\\

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 7 months ago #23750

• cyper
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi guys

checking in, Its been yonks since i been around hope everyone is doing well =)

Im so down for this so count me in folks =)

Cosmic Core Volume III (Multi-genre compilation) 2 years 7 months ago #23751

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Welcome back! =) Looking forward to your track!

//Damon Breakz\\

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts