Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Cosmic Core Finances and Future !

Cosmic Core Finances and Future ! 1 year 7 months ago #25323

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Hey all Cosmic Core artists,

Finances
I have been getting very organised at home here. It's only taken me 4 years... but here are the financial details of the group so far.

Bandcamp says we have made 155.40 USD in Sales since we started in 2012, which is not too bad considering the albums can be downloaded for free.

Strangely, it doesn't seem to show any figure for their cut and the fees taken by them during this time on that amount. I'll have to trawl through Paypal to find that out.

They currently take 15% for digital content, so the net amount from bandcamp would have been something around = 132.09 USD.

After payment processing fees between 4 and 6%, that leaves us with a final amount of up to $126.81. They have changed the way they pay artists now, but it is going to be around that sort of amount.

Then, there are Paypal fees!

Plus we have URL and hosting website to pay for, but Senthrax pays that / sorts that out.

Our main cost is our Soundcloud Pro account, needed to upload all the albums (too many tracks for a free account). I have been paying that myself on my debit card (in GBP) something like £60 a year (I think for the last 3 years?). I renewed our Pro account again just the other week. So I have spent around $250 at the current exchange rates, just to give you an idea.

At the start we had a few donations from artists and a free Soundcloud upgrade for the first half year or so, but basically, with Soundcloud costs, there is no money in the pot at the moment. But it does trickle in now and then, not enough to pay for Soundcloud, but as I say, I make up the the rest with my own money.

I have some cool screenshots from Bandcamp to show you later, but I will have to add dropbox links as we can't post images here. I can also trawl through Paypal next to get more detailed payment info.

Project Future
This year I am directing a lot of projects simultaneously, so I have had to get organised. I will find a PC to use just for Cosmic Core and will set it up at home with all our account logins, and to act as our fileserver/ backup.

Then, after our current release (Cosmic Core Volume III), I would like us to start to reassess our project. We should set up a committee style group for Cosmic Core with a range of roles and regular Skype meetings (1/4 annually or monthly). We can decide how to move forwards and make the most from this great project we have.

During the first meeting, we could discuss potential ways to moving off of Soundcloud and Bandcamp onto platforms that cost less to operate, to maximise cash we have left which we could spend on other things for the project.

Overall I am very proud to be part of a project with all you guys and having made 5 (mostly double) albums in 4 years (5th album WILL be out this year! haha) , we all should be proud too. I think we are just getting started!

Cheers guys!

//Damon Breakz\\
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by DamonBreakz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cosmic Core Finances and Future ! 1 year 7 months ago #25324

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Link to screenshot:

Cosmic Core All-Time Bandcamp Sales Income - Plus Top 10.

//Damon Breakz\\
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by DamonBreakz.

Cosmic Core Finances and Future ! 1 year 2 months ago #25808

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
I'm happy to help chip in with finances, hit me up on Facey chat when you see me online.

Cosmic Core Finances and Future ! 1 year 1 month ago #25844

• Senthrax
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • It's never too late to be late
  • Thank you received: 35
Good to see you putting things into perspective.

I'd love to get notified and involved with the meetings to brainstorm and see where we are going with cc.

The hosting for the cosmic-core project alone as it is right now if we would setup its own seperate hosting would come at about 96 euro/year + about 12 euro/year for the domain name. Currently it is hosted on my companies hosting account which hosts my own websites and I have enough room to keep hosting cosmic core so we are covered there.

If we want to grow this concept and make it able to pay itself we will no doubt have to invest more time and resources into it.

I'll also think about options for the soundcloud pro account issue. It does give good exposure though.. Do you have some stats about how much our music is listened too? so we can roughly calculate bandwidth usage..
Web Development and IT Consultancy @ egitura.com
Audio and Design @ senthrax.com
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Senthrax.

Cosmic Core Finances and Future ! 1 year 1 month ago #25846

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
There are 24700 plays on SoundCloud and 1329 download on Bandcamp, not bad :)
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

Cosmic Core Finances and Future ! 1 year 1 month ago #25856

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Hey everyone,

I propose an online 'committee meeting' on Saturday 3rd DECEMBER 9am UK time for all those involved in CC so far. This is an important meeting to talk about our progress and future and to assign roles to those that want to get involved. We can do a group call on Skype, Whatsapp or Facebook something like that. We'll work out such technicalities later! =)

To give you some idea of timings, this would be 22hrs in Auckland and 20:00hrs in Sydney.
This would give everyone a chance to tune in. It's not too early for Europe and will give those in Aus and Nz time to join the meeting before heading out to da nite clubz.

Feel free to suggest a few alternative times/dates if you want. This maybe a useful tool: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingti...0161203&p2=22&p3=240

Spread the news amongst our Artists, to get as many people joining in as possible.

Nice 1

//Damon Breakz\\
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by DamonBreakz.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts