Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape?

Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8190

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Hey guys, who's up for making a compilation Album or mixtape of Pro Members tunes for free download on Soundcloud or whatever, to promote our ourselves? It could also give Tom's site a bit of attention.

All those who want to be involved could decide together with a vote on which tracks get included and which order they go in. Not bothered if I don't make the grade =) it would still be a great album to see and have in the car! People would then spread the word on social media. We could find an artist on tomcosm for the digital cover and maybe someone could volunteer to master it to keep the sound consistent ?

What do you think?

//DamonBreakz\\
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8191

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Id love too....only im not a pro member :huh:

EDIT...ihave since become a pro member :cheer:
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Karl37. Reason: proness

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8200

• Senthrax
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • It's never too late to be late
  • Thank you received: 35
I would certainly be interested.

If I can get my creative juices flowing perhaps I can make something for the design too > senthrax.deviantart.com to check what I have made in the past. Never done a cd cover though.

@Karl, don't think that needs to be necessary? or else you will just need to become pro ;)
Web Development and IT Consultancy @ egitura.com
Audio and Design @ senthrax.com

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8203

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
You're a 'pro' member Karl =)

yeah I didn't even realise I was posting all this time on main forum. So, let's open it up to everyone then.

Let's involve the first 25 people that reply to this thread? and we'll then do a facebook vote for the top 12 tracks ?

or..any better ideas ? I've never done this sort of thing before hehe =)

//Damon Breakz\\
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by DamonBreakz. Reason: typo

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8205

• Harmonic climber
  • Thank you received: 34
I could definitely be interested by this type of challenge, but for me, the main problem could be the timing. All depends by the dead line for completing the track.
But if you need one more people after every one intersted will have answer, I'll definitely could give it a try.

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8206

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
Yeah i'm up for that, nice to be included so thanks for that.

Hope the people who use these forums often really get into this, great idea.
Though i must stress im very anti-Facebook so someone else would have to do the voting on my part lol

When do we start putting forward our tunes of choice then?

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8211

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Senthrax , been to your .com and deviant art. Looks great ! I am sure you can do something slick for a cover.

//Damon Breakz\\

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8212

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Ok, I'll just keep listing people here as they come forward until we get 20-25 people (if we can reach that!) and then when we've got enough producers we can start discussing the tracks we are each going to put forward, stick them on a voting site and get the social network users voting! [EDIT - the vote thing never manifested :P ]
I feel people should submit whatever track they want, as it will make it a more eclectic album and I'm sure we could put the tracks in a certain order or do a mixtape so that it that flows well, even if between styles. Let's see!

So contributors so far in no particular order!

Senthrax (and artwork)
DamonBreakz
Karl37
Harmonic Climber

..... come on people! join the raveolution! B)
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by DamonBreakz.

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8213

• swaL
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 37
It couldn't hurt putting a track of mine forward..
- Feel free to visit my Soundcloud

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8215

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
contributors so far:

Senthrax (and artwork)
DamonBreakz
Karl37
Harmonic Climber
swaL

on our way!

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8218

• paniono
  • Thank you received: 71
Count me in :) Definitively depends a bit on the timing for me as well. But sometimes a deadline helps pushing me to work more efficiently :)

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8224

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
guys, I am kind of thinking we should aim to have it all ready by the 5th April =) most people around the world will be off from work from the 6th for a long Easter weekend, so there will be lots of extra parties going on all over the world. So chances are higher that people will have the free time and the party environments to play our music at loud volume. =D

So let's put it online on the 5th April?

and let's make the 23rd March the last day that the social media/ public can vote? gives us a few days to sort a track order and do a bit of mastering and changes of track names on the artwork.

and perhaps we should get our submissions together ready to be put to online vote by 5th March? so there will be about 3 weeks of voting time.

This will give us about 6 weeks from now until the 5th of March to put our tracks together or, if you are not ready with a new track, put forward an old one.

on a side note, how does everyone feel sbout the sampling? Personally I don't give a shit about it hehe =) but my gut tells me we should stay clear of sampling any known passages of music and speech / film etc... i.e just at the most use short indistinguishable sounds or single words / short phrases so mangled that people will never know where it is from =) Our names will be all over this and we don't want to get prosecuted on something we make no money from =D
....unless we distribute it under the Creative Common Licence and sample the hell out of everything? creativecommons.org/ Does anyone have any experience of sample clearance? should we be worried about it? =)

Please put forwrd any ideas anyone has, including good 'voting/poll' sites to use, external to facebook.

contributors so far:

Senthrax (and artwork)
DamonBreakz
Karl37
Harmonic Climber
swaL
Paniono

join the party!

//DamonBreakz\\
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by DamonBreakz. Reason: typo

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8225

• Senthrax
  • It's never too late to be late
  • Thank you received: 35
Groovy!

I'd also opt for some other way of voting. Perhaps some free online poll thingy like easypolls.net/ or else maybe you could place a vote for me DamonBreakz.

I'm also for letting people choose what track they like, so a recently finished can be submitted if there would be no time to finish a new one..

*subscribing to this thread*

EDIT: Ok see you posted just while I was typing aswell.. Those dates seem fine, the thing about the sampling is fine for me to, don't have any experience with that.

One note, before we start this stuff and put references to Tom on this, lets get his feedback and view on this?
Web Development and IT Consultancy @ egitura.com
Audio and Design @ senthrax.com
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Senthrax.

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8227

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
yeah, for sure, we won't put any reference to Tom and the site unless he is cool with that and happy with the final result. If he doesn't feel it is something he is up for we can still release without reference to tomcosm.com - it's just a compilation of artists at the end of the day. I thought he'd see this thread, but I guess I'll message him to ket him know about it.

Easypolls.net sounds great, unless anyone knows a better site?

//DamonBreakz\\ B)

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8229

• swaL
That release idea sounds great.

Copyright.. Damn it, I didn't think about that!

Doesn't the CC license only come into play if you use (and credit) content taken from someone elses CC licensed work?

So we can't give our mix a CC license and then still use "All Rights Reserved" copyrighted stuff..

I was gonna put forward Signs in the sun
But it uses a sample from one of Jimmy Swaggarts sermons, I found it here: sampleswap
FAQs say:
Are these sounds royalty-free? Can I use them in a commercial arrangement?
In two words: Not necessarily.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by swaL.

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8230

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
Sounds good Damon though i am most likely to be working Easter but i have a few good tracks to choose from to put forward.
Everything i produce i own the licence for anyway including all my synths so i would not have any problems

Ive narrowed it down too 3 tracks but im not sure what will fit the overall mix of the album yet:

1.soundcloud.com/karl_37/kg-origins-of-pain-original - This is one of the first i ever produced and prob still one of my best. Mix lacks quality though.

2.soundcloud.com/karl_37/kg-circles - My vocal effort which im most proud of, better mix too and i have the licence for the vocal also.

3.soundcloud.com/karl_37/kg-the-journey-2012-mix - My best mix yet probs, bit of an epic string line.

Have a listen guys let me know your thoughts. Lets hope we get some more people involved ;)

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8231

• swaL
I reckon even if you put forward all three, Origins of pain will win hands down :silly:

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8232

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
Cheers mate, i know you like Origins too. It all depends on the other tracks i guess, There aint to many trance producers in this forum (That i've seen anyway) so the balance needs to be right. Im hoping people like Syikom, Lucky one and hey maybe even Mr Cosm himself takes part lol.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else puts forward. Should be cool.

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 8 months ago #8233

• swaL
Karl37 wrote:
Im hoping people like Syikom, Lucky one and hey maybe even Mr Cosm himself takes part lol.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone else puts forward. Should be cool.

Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't more interest. They probably just haven't seen this page yet.

Re: Let's Make An Album/Mixtape? 5 years 7 months ago #8234

• DamonBreakz
  • Veteran Member
Yo guys, I've sent Tom an email. Basically, I pointed him to this thread and said we'll be doing this anyhow, even if just as an independent 'crew' of producers without reference to TomCosm.com , but obviously offered him the chance to put his approval on it (so we can somehow mention the site on the artwork/publicity etc.) Would be good to promote his cause along with our own profiles, while cheering the world up with our tunes.

I told him to feel free to take it all over if he thinks it's a good idea and wants to make it into a proper Tomcosm site project or whatever. I said he could wait until we get all the tracks together before he makes his decision. So just given him the choice at least.

Let's give it a week or so, hopefully we'll get 15-20 people. If we don't get many people then who knows there might not even be a vote hehe and we'll be submitting two tracks each! =) Karl, I'm going to check out your tunes again now...

//Damon Breakz\\
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by DamonBreakz. Reason: typo

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts