Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Mapping un-mappable controls (Transpose for Ex)

Mapping un-mappable controls (Transpose for Ex) 1 year 2 months ago #25398

• geraldsnm
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hi Tom,

A fan of your works (Moo Juice - fav track) and I was a paid subscriber a good portion of last year although my account is in free status at the moment.

I had a question that I think someone of your caliber would have already potentially have solved.

It seems ridiculous that you can't map an encoder to transpose a track for jamming on the fly.

Have you by any chance found a way to address this issue?

Another button that would be super useful for live jamming and Ableton in infinite genius does not allow mapping would be to be able to dis-engage the WARP on/off so that you can then half or double the global tempo play a deck at a different speed like you would in a DJ environment...

Of course you can click the warp off but it seems silly that this is not mappable.

Any thoughts are much appreciated. I've been trying to crack this nut for a while.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mapping un-mappable controls (Transpose for Ex) 1 year 2 months ago #25401

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
Hey Mate, welcome welcome.

re: mapping the unmappable... there's not a lot of options out there. Some things are just not mappable or accessible from Max for Live. My theory, is they leave out the core breaking things. Letting someone map a knob to something that when modulated reall fast, or some crazy range, could cause CPU issues and imagine within the developers best interest to leave it out. It would be great if they had an "advanced" option or something, where you of tick a box saying I know unlocking these things could cause performance problems.. but for now there's only hacks.

Try my patch Mappable Pitch Bend. Put it before a sampler. The knob will affect the samples pitch. It's not accurate like semitones but it might help

www.maxforlive.com/library/device/3202/mappable-pitch-bend

The warp button one is an interesting concept. It would only be possible to do in Session mode, but I think it can be done. I'm a bit tied up this next week but I'll add it to my list of things to prototype and get back to you.

Cheers :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts