Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Vocoder + Arpeggiator + midi mapping

Vocoder + Arpeggiator + midi mapping 1 year 5 months ago #25410

Hey folks. Trying something weird, and wondering if anyone has a solution. So I'm sending a mic into an audio channel in Ableton. I've got the vocoder (in pitch tracking mode) and other fx on the channel, and I've midi mapped the vocoder's pitch across a 3 octave keyrange on a controller, so that I can repitch the sound on the fly. BUT...I want to add an arpeggiator into the process. How do I have the midi from the controller go through an arpeggiator before it triggers the mapping I've set up for the vocoder? I thought maybe to/from a virtual midi device, but that's not really something I have experience with.

I should note that I actually need the pitch tracked rather than controlled directly by a carrier source. That's why I'm retuning the vocoder instead.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Lizard of Odd.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts