Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Vocoder + Arpeggiator + midi mapping

Vocoder + Arpeggiator + midi mapping 10 months 2 weeks ago #25410

Hey folks. Trying something weird, and wondering if anyone has a solution. So I'm sending a mic into an audio channel in Ableton. I've got the vocoder (in pitch tracking mode) and other fx on the channel, and I've midi mapped the vocoder's pitch across a 3 octave keyrange on a controller, so that I can repitch the sound on the fly. BUT...I want to add an arpeggiator into the process. How do I have the midi from the controller go through an arpeggiator before it triggers the mapping I've set up for the vocoder? I thought maybe to/from a virtual midi device, but that's not really something I have experience with.

I should note that I actually need the pitch tracked rather than controlled directly by a carrier source. That's why I'm retuning the vocoder instead.
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Lizard of Odd.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts