Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Ableton Live: Routing Midi to Channels using IAC

Ableton Live: Routing Midi to Channels using IAC 1 year 4 months ago #25703

• seltzdesign
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hello there.

I just watched some of the Youtube Tutorials on the IAC Driver and have a quite specific question. Here goes:

So I have several Midi Tracks in Ableton Live (9.6) and want to route the Midi to a sort of Midi Master track. But what I need is for all the midi from the different tracks to come in on different Midi channels.

I am using the IAC Driver and set the different Midi Tracks to send "MIDI To" to the IAC Driver (Bus 1) and select a different Midi Channel for each. Then on the "Master Midi" Track I set "MIDI From" also to IAC Driver (Bus 1) and All Channels.

Now if I use the Max for Live Midi Monitor on it, it is still receiving all the Notes on Channel 1, regardless what output channel I set on the other Midi tracks.

So my question is, how can I route the different tracks to be on different channels and not all on channel 1!?

Is this even possible in Ableton Live? Or is it possible to see/change the Midi Channel of recorded notes somehow?

Thanks for your hints/help.

Best, Armin.
If you're failing every now and again, its a sign you're not doing anything very creative. - Woody Allen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts