Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Ableton Live: Routing Midi to Channels using IAC

Ableton Live: Routing Midi to Channels using IAC 1 year 2 months ago #25703

• seltzdesign
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hello there.

I just watched some of the Youtube Tutorials on the IAC Driver and have a quite specific question. Here goes:

So I have several Midi Tracks in Ableton Live (9.6) and want to route the Midi to a sort of Midi Master track. But what I need is for all the midi from the different tracks to come in on different Midi channels.

I am using the IAC Driver and set the different Midi Tracks to send "MIDI To" to the IAC Driver (Bus 1) and select a different Midi Channel for each. Then on the "Master Midi" Track I set "MIDI From" also to IAC Driver (Bus 1) and All Channels.

Now if I use the Max for Live Midi Monitor on it, it is still receiving all the Notes on Channel 1, regardless what output channel I set on the other Midi tracks.

So my question is, how can I route the different tracks to be on different channels and not all on channel 1!?

Is this even possible in Ableton Live? Or is it possible to see/change the Midi Channel of recorded notes somehow?

Thanks for your hints/help.

Best, Armin.
If you're failing every now and again, its a sign you're not doing anything very creative. - Woody Allen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts