Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: What computer do you use?

What computer do you use? 6 months 4 days ago #25918

• Superai
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hello my fellow musical muses,

I'm curious as to what computer you use, and what specs so you think work best with ableton? Especially if you are on some sort of budget!

Thank you kindly!

Ella
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What computer do you use? 6 months 4 days ago #25919

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Hello Superai

You don't need a super computer to run Ableton really especially if you run a 32bit version of ableton and plugins then things like RAM wont matter too much unless your below 4gb. Its a different story though when running 64bit as it will open up the use of more RAM which does help when running multiple vsts etc.
My computer is not very super but does a top job for me as its optimised to suite my style of writing . Ive not gone mad as i too am on a budget. I will say this though, my best upgrade was getting a few Samsung 850 Evo's SSD drives to house my big sound library's and to run Ableton from, this took immense pressure on my HDD as it was struggling to read so many audio files. oh and also my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is still doing me proud and still taking the pressure of my PC :)

Also this video was good for optimising Windows 10 for audio production - support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/...-Audio-on-Windows-10

I run a PC on Windows 10, with Intel i7, 16gb RAM,
64 bit operating system with 64bit Ableton live 9
x2 1tb Samsung 850 Evo SSD drives.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface.

I hope this helps a bit, have a wonderful Christmas :)
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts