Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Firebird 2 synth went free

Firebird 2 synth went free 4 years 2 months ago #17514

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
There's a company called Tone2 that makes a pretty awesome synth called Firebird 2. Used to be $80 but they just dropped it to free. I'm a big believer in keeping your vst options to a minimum especially since there's a billion softsynths but this one is worth a look. Similar to a wavetable synth like massive. Anyway you can check out the article at the link below. Lists off some of the important specs.

createdigitalmusic.com/2013/08/firebird-...-windows/#more-30212
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GiftGiver, rev.19

Firebird 2 synth went free 4 years 2 months ago #17546

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
I picked this synth up yesterday. I think it sounds really good. Sounds are easy to make with it. 400+ presets I wanted to mention the navigation to go through them is a little different. Most soft synths that I've seen have a preset navigation menu. For this one you have to use the plugin instance that ableton puts in when you put in a vst in the device panel. There's a dropdown that usually shows you what preset you're on. Use this to change presets. The settings section of the synth itself you can switch between banks.

Firebird 2 synth went free 4 years 2 months ago #17549

• FalseIdentity
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 26
Thank you Mr Fork!!!! :) Got this yesterday, had a play and you can get some lush sounds really quick and easy, loving playing with it, some of the presets are actually usable as well! Got like 5 in the tune I'm working on haha :D

Firebird 2 synth went free 4 years 2 months ago #17581

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
Yeah no problem man. I used it last night on my current track. It's really easy to use. Has some great features. The sound quality is great. Also you can't beat the price. ;)

I've added this to my small list of free vst synths I use. I'm up to 3 now. Synth1, kairatune, and Firebird. Mostly I use ableton analog and operator and then Massive. Seriously though I'm pretty impressed with Firebird.

Firebird 2 synth went free 3 years 10 months ago #19408

• Urban Fox
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 6
only free for windows? Struggling to find an AU without a price-tag :(

Firebird 2 synth went free 3 years 10 months ago #19409

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
Thanks Mr Fork, I'm going to give it a try :)

Luc
soundcloud.com/lucky-one
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

Firebird 2 synth went free 3 years 10 months ago #19415

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
Yeah windows only unfortunately. Sorry Fox. I'll let you know if I run into something similar for free on the mac side.

Firebird 2 synth went free 3 years 10 months ago #19428

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
Shame really cause all their other synths look to be multi-platform :(

Firebird 2 synth went free 3 years 10 months ago #19443

• Urban Fox
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 6
Mr Fork wrote:
Yeah windows only unfortunately. Sorry Fox. I'll let you know if I run into something similar for free on the mac side.

cheers bro B)

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts