Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: traktor question:)

traktor question:) 3 years 6 months ago #21814

• seizar
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 19
Hey guys,
Normally when i mix at home i just load up traktor, its got my 2 cdj350's setup as midi controllers with them both routed out to my djm to do all the mixing externally. I use this to come up with a set list, then ill load the tracks up on usb and take the usb's away to play it at whatever party/gig. Im getting to a point when id like to be able to have that library so i can have more freedom to experiment. is there any easy way i can just take my laptop, chuck up traktor (open to another software here), and know that its going to recognize the hardware. am i going to have to install drivers/find config files for every type of deck imaginable to cover myself?
i like how i don't have to touch the mixer at the gig at all, that all i have too do is run 2 usb cables and change the decks to midi mode it's just......i remember how long it took me to get the controller mapping, sound routing etc right, not sure if its viable to do it quickly/ interrupting the music everytime and pray for no issues and a 1 mintue delay......
The administrator has disabled public write access.

traktor question:) 3 years 6 months ago #21827

• Berni T
  • Saw Wave (Platinum Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 137
Well there are a few options. Firstly you can run Traktor right off your laptop using the keyboard shortcuts without any hardware at all. It's good to know these as they can get you by in an emergency. Second, buy a dedicated Traktor controller, they go from $200 upwards & once you have them configured the way you like would save you a lot of hassle trying to configure traktor with whatever happens to be at the gig. Trying to do this on the night is way more trouble than I personally would let myself in for. I have the S4 & just usually hook it up the PA mixer, simple, & when I'm done I can get it & my laptop in a back pack & I'm outta there in two minutes with no hassle's about worrying if my Traktor set up will work with external gear.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seizar

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts