Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Tech House and Techno Mix

Tech House and Techno Mix 1 year 8 months ago #24220

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 87
This mix is kind of goes all over the place with tracks. Made in Traktor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tech House and Techno Mix 1 year 8 months ago #24223

• Berni T
  • Saw Wave (Platinum Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 137
It sounded very pedestrian...not much going on in terms of contrast to me. Slightly dull on the mastering front & watching the same screen for an hour didn't help....
You had no problems putting all these people's tracks on YouTube? I've had problems in the past with copyright issues but if you can get away with this then maybe I should give it another shot with my mixes...always get more hits on YouTube than SC or MC.
Having said that, good to hear some of your mixes here, it shows a deep understanding of the music you are trying to make. If you can't make a decent mix & are not aware of the people & music that are cutting it now then you don't stand much chance of making anything relevant.
Hey just my 2c...take it or leave it.

NEW CHALLENGE! Everyone make a DJ mix...cmon you all have Live! WTF! It's just about as easy as it come's with Ableton...not like you have to learn to beat match or anything. Do it, DOOOOOO IIIIIITTTTTTTT!
You can DO IT!
Mixcloud is the best site ti upload your shit :ohmy:

Tech House and Techno Mix 1 year 7 months ago #24253

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 87
So far I haven't had a problem with copyright on Youtube, but then I don't really expect a lot of views either. Eh. Probably less of and issue if there's a lot of actual mixing going on. I'm not sure if providing a (partial anyway) tracklist is good or bad, but I hate hearing a cool track on an obscure mix and have no idea how to find it!
There's no place around here that plays techno or tech house or minimal so I get my music from my favorite DJs when they post a mix. :pinch:

And true, this is basically just playing tracks back to back with a little mixing on the in and out. (people post anything don't they?) Nor did I bother to master, sorry. I'll make better effort on the next mix, I promise. And I never watch the videos myself, just listen while working or gyming. Surprisingly, Youtube on medium quality takes up less bandwidth than Soundcloud on my device.

Yeah people, post a mix! With Ableton you don't even have to mix live, but that's cheating.......

Tech House and Techno Mix 1 year 7 months ago #24257

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
I guess relevant or not is dependent on what the intent is behind doing the the mix in the first place. If I go by that definition I've been posting irrelevant music for quite a while now. I guess I'm alright with that. ;)

Honestly feyra considering this is your first recorded set that you've posted (that I've seen anyway) I'd say it's pretty good. If your intent was to compete with the pros with this particular set then I'd say the thing to take away from what Berni was saying is that you need to polish it a bit yet to get all your tracks sounding consistent. But I wasn't understanding that this was meant to be a pro release I guess. So for what it was I liked the track selection and I didn't hear any real transition problems so honestly i think it's a good place to start. Nice job.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts