Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: nanoKontrol 2 not showing up in Ableton

nanoKontrol 2 not showing up in Ableton 4 years 2 weeks ago #17891

• FalseIdentity
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 26
Right, so I ot a korg nanokontrol 2 last week, today was the first day I had time to plug it in and have a play. Ive installed all the drivers, the computer recognises it but when I open ableton and go to the midi options, the only midi input i can select is the one from my soundcard, the nano just isnt there. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

nanoKontrol 2 not showing up in Ableton 4 years 2 weeks ago #17892

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
I have the nanoKontrol 1 and I choose the control surface 'microKontrol'. That one let me choose the 'nanoKontrol' as input.
Don't forget to plugin the nanoKontrol before starting Live of course.

Hope this help,

Luc
soundcloud.com/lucky-one
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

nanoKontrol 2 not showing up in Ableton 4 years 2 weeks ago #17893

• FalseIdentity
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 26
I literally just sorted it, for some reason if its plugged into the usb slot in my monitor then into the pc, it doesnt work, but plug it directly into the pc and it works, very strange and quite annoying, as the cable aint long enough to have it set in a permanent usable position like this! Cheers though man :)

nanoKontrol 2 not showing up in Ableton 3 years 9 months ago #19529

• 9000knobs
  • Veteran Member
  • Tweak it !
  • Thank you received: 103
Could be that the monitor is not giving enough power to feed the midi controller + the screen.
Could be that the midi controller needs to be connected to the usb slots on the motherboard.

If you are using usb hubs, always make sure you also power the usb hubs.
A lot of midi controllers will hang and crash when they suffer from lack of power.
Some might not even connect.
9000 Knobs - Audiovisual artist .

Music @ soundcloud.com/9000knobs
Info @ www.9000knobs.be

nanoKontrol 2 not showing up in Ableton 3 years 8 months ago #19738

• samwhich
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 8
Another solution...

I find my NanoKontrol 1 does not work with the Korg driver (well only partially works). Uninstall Korg driver and run with the default Windows generic driver and it works fine. Go figure...

Makes me wonder if when you are plugging it into your computer directly, it assigns the Windows driver (and not the Korg driver) to that device on that port - resulting in the device working? Just a thought....Check it out in the device manager..

My OS = Windows 7 Hm Premium x64 w/ Live 8.0.3
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by samwhich.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts