Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Audio Interface or Desktop Amp

Audio Interface or Desktop Amp 3 years 9 months ago #19604

• Kubaki
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
In the job postion I am in I was able to come upon a nice pair of reference headphones for next to nothing. I currently have a Push and Oxygen49. With the new headphones and my current set up I was wondering if I should get a interface or a headphone amp and to which ones around $100 do you recommend?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Audio Interface or Desktop Amp 3 years 9 months ago #19611

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Id completely recommend Focusrite's Scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface.

You should be able to pick it up quite cheap now but it is one of the best things i have bought and its quite small and easy to pack and carry around.
Check it out here: uk.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-2i2
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kubaki

Audio Interface or Desktop Amp 3 years 9 months ago #19630

• Kubaki
Would you recommend this over lexicon's interface? I've been interning there for about a year now and now have options for employee pricing.

Audio Interface or Desktop Amp 3 years 9 months ago #19631

• SandvichDISH!
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 52
It depends which model you can get for what price. I don't know much about the lexicon interfaces but I do know that the Focusrite Scarlett interfaces are really good and quite popular for that reason. I have a Scarlett 2i4 and I would recommend it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kubaki

Audio Interface or Desktop Amp 3 years 9 months ago #19657

• Kubaki
Just got back from seeing a Scarlett 2i4 demonstrated I think I have a winner. Thanks for the recommendation.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts