Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Suggestion on Midi controller !!!!!

Suggestion on Midi controller !!!!! 3 years 9 months ago #20335

• to.abhinav
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, Could anyone pls recommend me a 25 key midi controller .I have below options
1 Samson graphite.
2 novation 25 launchkey.
3 IRig keys.
4 m audio Air
I am in low budget but with good features.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rev.19

Suggestion on Midi controller !!!!! 3 years 9 months ago #20336

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
Novation midi keyboards have a bad reputation about the quality. Personally I bought a Novation Remote 25SL and the pots started behaving weirdly after one year.

M-Audio has a better reputation. That's all I can say :)

Cheers,

Luc
soundcloud.com/lucky-one
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

Suggestion on Midi controller !!!!! 3 years 9 months ago #20340

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
I have a buddy that just got the launchkey probably 4 months ago or so. Really likes it. Seems to work well. I have an m-audio axiom and it's done pretty well. I thought the keybed felt nice but the bottom key on the keyboard no longer works after a couple years. Still though not bad. My brother has had the Remotesl mk2 novation keyboard for well over a couple years now still no issues. So not sure what to say about quality as there some of each. Most reviews on the novation stuff are top notch and same with m-audio. One that I've been eyeballing of late is the new Korg Taktile. Not the triton taktile just the midi controller. The triton comes with an internal soundbank for like $100 more. LOTS of features on the controllers though including a built in Kaoss XY pad and you can use the drum pads to play chords and such. Check it out. I think it sells for $250 for the 25 key and they put the outputs on the side so you can sit it flush against a monitor on your desk. Not bad but I'm waiting for some reviews on it.

www.korg.com/us/products/controllers/taktile

Suggestion on Midi controller !!!!! 3 years 9 months ago #20342

I got a Korg Micro-Key and absolutely love it. K0RG makes dope stuff, and the parts in it are solid... plus, my 37 micro key version came with a bundle of free VST's, plugins from other companies, and a $50 discount to Ableton!

shop.korgusa.com/c/korg_micros

www.korg.com/us/products/controllers/nanokey2/

www.korg.com/us/products/controllers/nanopad2/

The entry models are between like $40 - $80...

Also... I'm not sure if you know about the Glitch Mob, but one of the members known as 'edIT' posted this on his Facebook earlier today:

www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152163841...18717&type=2&theater

that looks like the nano pad to me. If he's experimenting with it, I'd say it is worth trying as well

Suggestion on Midi controller !!!!! 3 years 9 months ago #20345

• to.abhinav
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Are korg series really worth ?

Suggestion on Midi controller !!!!! 3 years 9 months ago #20438

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 87
Korg Nanokey is a fine product but I like having extras like pads and knob encoders along with the keyboard.

You'll end up wanting them before long. Trust me. B)

Akai Professional MPK Mini - at $99 USD.
Novation Launchkey Mini - also $99.
Arturia MiniLab - again - $99

All fine entry products. Except the little sliders keep falling off my NanoKontrol. Good Luck!
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Feyra Bass.

Suggestion on Midi controller !!!!! 3 years 9 months ago #20446

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Sorry I tried to post on this a while back but the site was having issues and wouldn't let me post anything. Seems like most of that has been resolved. Are korg products worth it? As with everything man it depends on the features and the user. If they weren't "worth it" then chances are people wouldn't be buying them which would mean they'd likely no longer be in production. So there are definitely some people who find them worth it. Like Feyra was mentioning the korg nano series. I have seen a ton of professionals use those products. So really what I suggest doing....figure out what you really want.....is the keybed itself the most important thing and you don't really care about pads etc, or do you want multipurpose functionality for performance. What void is this going to fill? After you know the answer to that go through and list the pros and cons of the ones you're looking at and find some average ratings. Then make a decision from there.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts