Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Mackie SRM450 speakers as studio monitors?

Mackie SRM450 speakers as studio monitors? 3 years 1 month ago #20988

• samwhich
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 8
Now my wife and I have separated, I have my own house with a 6m x 6m dedicated music/ room! :laugh: . I have setup my Mackie SRM450s in here and have my DAW, guitars, Synths, mics and other DJ gear all running through them. It is sensational! I have noticed since using these speakers as my studio monitors, the quality of my finished tracks has jumped up several notches. Any reason why this is a bad thing using these speakers for this amateur production? Tossing up weather it is worth buying some KRKs or similar. I would rather save the money if I don't need them or buy another synth or something... To my ears, these speakers are nice and flat and true to the sound.

Other things to note are that I do have some degree of sound proofing/ bass traps in the room. The sound deadness isn't as tight as the previous room I had but it still isn't bad in here.

Detailed explanations please :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mackie SRM450 speakers as studio monitors? 2 years 10 months ago #22529

• samwhich
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 8
Ok I have since gone out and bought myself some reasonable quality studio monitors (Tannoy Reveal 105a - I preferred these over everything else in my $600 price range).

I find that for general production work the studio monitors are good but when having a good listen back to my music @ higher volumes, I listen through the Mackies.

I did produce some nice music with the Mackies alone though I must say...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts