Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Mackie SRM450 speakers as studio monitors?

Mackie SRM450 speakers as studio monitors? 3 years 7 months ago #20988

• samwhich
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 8
Now my wife and I have separated, I have my own house with a 6m x 6m dedicated music/ room! :laugh: . I have setup my Mackie SRM450s in here and have my DAW, guitars, Synths, mics and other DJ gear all running through them. It is sensational! I have noticed since using these speakers as my studio monitors, the quality of my finished tracks has jumped up several notches. Any reason why this is a bad thing using these speakers for this amateur production? Tossing up weather it is worth buying some KRKs or similar. I would rather save the money if I don't need them or buy another synth or something... To my ears, these speakers are nice and flat and true to the sound.

Other things to note are that I do have some degree of sound proofing/ bass traps in the room. The sound deadness isn't as tight as the previous room I had but it still isn't bad in here.

Detailed explanations please :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mackie SRM450 speakers as studio monitors? 3 years 4 months ago #22529

• samwhich
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 8
Ok I have since gone out and bought myself some reasonable quality studio monitors (Tannoy Reveal 105a - I preferred these over everything else in my $600 price range).

I find that for general production work the studio monitors are good but when having a good listen back to my music @ higher volumes, I listen through the Mackies.

I did produce some nice music with the Mackies alone though I must say...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts