Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Adam Audio

Adam Audio 2 years 11 months ago #21203

Hey everyone.

I was wondering, do we have any Adam Audio users here ? I'm thinking about selling my M-Audio BX8D2 and getting Adam A5X / A7X. What are Your thoughts on them ? I'm going to mix a lot of music. Not only electronic, but also rock/metal/blues/jazz so i need something versatile.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adam Audio 2 years 11 months ago #21226

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
I'm afraid I can't say much as I don't actively use them. A friend of mine has a set of adam's and the one thing he constantly complains about is the lack of bass presence. When I was shopping for mine he said if you get a set of adams make sure you pair it with a sub right away. Of course it's possible he's losing his hearing on the low end......who knows but it's something to keep in mind. I can tell you that as a name brand they are very well respected and they have very good clean sound from the brief time I heard them. i saw that they were making a new budget studio series that actually looked very good.

Adam Audio 2 years 11 months ago #21240

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
I have almost zero experience with monitors, however I am on the hunt and considering getting some Adams soon. I'll report back

Adam Audio 2 years 11 months ago #21256

Ok, that's fantastic. I'm looking forward to hear Your thoughts, cause I'll be getting mine in a few months i guess.

Adam Audio 2 years 11 months ago #21535

• LucidSFX
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
I own the original Adam A7. GREAT monitors!! The x series are even better. Some may find the highs a bit forward what I have noticed with these speakers especially at this price point (mid range) that they clearly define the sound. My mixing had greatly improved...don't bother with M-audio. They are seriously amazing to listen to.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts