Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Launchpad S and Megaset 2.0.1

Launchpad S and Megaset 2.0.1 3 years 1 month ago #22425

• Sini
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
When I open the Megaset 2.0.1, S Launchpad does not load the clip. The four directional buttons are green and when I press them begin to flash yellow and I can not do anything.
All this does not happen with the Megaset 2.0, or any another set.
Why?

Thanks for the replies and sorry for my english.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Launchpad S and Megaset 2.0.1 2 years 10 months ago #22874

• VALN8R
I am seeing the same problem with my Non-S Launchpad and the Megaset 2.0.1. It won't switch between user modes nor can one navigate. Is this how it is supposed to be? I do not have problems with other templates.

I tried the Launchpad version as well as the regular version and got the same problem.

Thanks for any help,

VALN8R
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by VALN8R. Reason: Added testing results

Launchpad S and Megaset 2.0.1 2 years 10 months ago #22877

• VALN8R
Further analysis shows that there are syntax errors in the module [Launchpad 3 Button]. Saw the errors in the max window and when double clicking it opens the Lauchpad 3 Button in presentation mode. I do not know anything about Max for Live but do code in other languages. Did notice in mousing around that some objects had "T B L" in them but one had "T B B L". do not know if that is significant.

VALN8R

Launchpad S and Megaset 2.0.1 1 year 8 months ago #24781

• mosch
just wondering if there has been a solution to this? trying to figure it out badly but can't get it straight on my own... is there the old patch 2.0 somewhere available?

thx for your help guys!

Launchpad S and Megaset 2.0.1 1 year 5 months ago #25213

• warren
I've double checked the manual. Also looked at all the related Tom Cosm Youtube videos.

My launchpad S has either no lights or flashing lights on the top row. This appears to change if you alter the 'remote' settings of both the output and the input (in Midi Preferences - Midi)

I have Automap installed but it is stopped from autostarting. Task manager also shows the daemon is not running. Even though automap is stopped could it be causing this issue?

Other posts suggested removing the midi mapping for CC values, I did this and the flashing stops. Now if I push USER2, nothing happens, neither page button lights up or operates. No button matrix or side buttons work.

Ideas?
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by warren.

Launchpad S and Megaset 2.0.1 1 year 5 months ago #25216

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
Hey guys, I'm sorry about the issues with these. It seems that something has updated, whether in Ableton or Max, that is making my old patches not work as intended. I need to get hold of working launchpads to see what's going on and to fix up the problem. I wish I could offer you a solution right now but I am unable to test it. It's on my list!

cheers

Launchpad S and Megaset 2.0.1 1 year 5 months ago #25218

• warren
Tom,
thanks for the reply.

to assist you here's what I did last night.

Removed all midi controllers from the USB ports.
Reset *All* remote script settings in Ableton Preferences to 'NONE' on all 3 drop downs for all 8 slots.
Unset all 'Remote' 'Sync' and 'Track' buttons to off
Uninstalled Automap (it wasn't starting, but just in case)
Rebooted

After a fresh start, ensured the latest Novation USB drivers were installed.
I then plugged in the Launchpad S.
Fired up Ableton.
In preferences, set remote to 'Launchpad' and activated both Input & Output drop downs to "Launchpad S"
In the midi in and midi out activated Input Track. Activated Output track.
Unzipped a fresh copy of Megaset 2.0.1, and opened up Launchpad edition

The set opens fine. The launchpad S sits there in session mode. When I press USER2, all lights go off.
I open preferences and activate midi in and midi out "remote" this causes the Launchpad to go a little bit crazy. The top row arrows, user1, user2 lights start flashing
or all light up in odd ways. Switching off 'Remote' can cause the Launchpad to either return to Session mode or just crash entirely.
As pointed out by another forum user, if you select the MIDI mapping mode, there are a number of CC values mapped for effects. If I delete these the flashes stops. But
still no joy in getting the launchpad to work in USER2 mode.

FYI I have checked that all selections in the Launchpad control amxd are set to Launchpad, and the various mappings are correct

Phew!... I hope that helps in some way.

Windows 10 64Bit
Core i5 / 16Gb RAM
Ableton 9.1.6 64Bit Suite
Novation Launchpad S
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by warren.

Launchpad S and Megaset 2.0.1 1 year 5 months ago #25248

• warren
*bump* pretty please......

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts