Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: (Old School) APC40 AudioEffects Board/Controller??

(Old School) APC40 AudioEffects Board/Controller?? 3 years 6 days ago #22934

• colin_mcfet
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hello, fellow music makers!

My curiosity has led me to this particular point in my music making to which I have turned to you
in need of enlightenment or direction.

Currently, I am running on my Ableton Push and have let my APC40 collect dust out of shame I would
never use it for any particular reason. Lately, I have been contemplating a new use.

I love the Push for it's versatility and user interface to enhance, not only my performance, but my
productions at a phenomenal rate, and would like to now utilize my APC40 as an audio effects controller.

See, I have this vision that my Push and APC40 would relate to the Korg Kaossilator and KP3 in terms of
instrument to audio effects pad and believe this can or has been done. I'm hoping someone out here has
experimented and/or may have some insight as to how this can become a reality for me in my studio.

Basically, I'm wanting to be able to run instruments (drums, keys, etc.) on the Push and coordinate set
audio effects in relation to that particular instrument and utilize the full spectrum of the APC40 to create
on the fly audio effects tweaks and movements.
Such as make every launch button a particular setting or effect, then taking on the bottom knobs of 8
in correlation with said effect and so on.

I hope this comes across clearly and, if not, please feel free to ask questions so I may better convey
my request and hone in on this vision to better enhance my production flow and to utilize it live as well.

Thank you for your time and continue the musical journey, fellow travelers!

-Colin (Lineidge)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

(Old School) APC40 AudioEffects Board/Controller?? 3 years 1 day ago #22956

• JungalistPrime
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 16
That's a rather interesting concept! I've always used my APC40 for a live performance/dj controller and kept the push in the studio.

In terms of making the APC40 an fx controller, I suggest building a production template with all the fx and mapping built in. For the pads, each channel of pads could have a selection of momentary/looping fx running off dummy clips specific to the type of instrument running through it i.e.. Drums/Bass etc.

I guess there's a fair few possibilities with such an idea, I would love to collaborate. ;)

I'm still cleaning up my performance/dj template which I'll upload for everyone to use, which could give you a few ideas. Ultimately I would love to combine the push and apc40 in a way that would be useful both in the studio and at a gig.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts