Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Getting Mult Stereo Outputs for Djing

Getting Mult Stereo Outputs for Djing 1 year 3 months ago #24662

• Benjamin.K
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Okay.. so I know how to setup being Ableton to cue music inside of LIVE 9, what I don't know how to do is successfully get two stereo outputs.
I am using an APC40, a Numark M6 USB Mixer. I also have a Presonus Audiobox (iTwo) that I used before the Numark.

Ideally, I think it would be best to somehow route the 4 decks in ableton to the to at least two decks on the Numark Mixer, but I need the sound card advice on the stereo output because I do not want to split to two mono channels. Please help on where to start and if there is a product I have overlooked that I need. Thanks!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Benjamin.K.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Getting Mult Stereo Outputs for Djing 1 year 3 months ago #24663

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
looking at the documentation for the mixer, it looks like the usb connection can only be used to either record the output from the mixer to the computer or feed the output of the computer to the mixer on channel 3. Therefore on its own it will only play a stereo signal from the computer.
You don't say if you are on a mac or windows, but if on a mac, you could create an aggregate device with both of your audio devices, this can then be setup in live as the output and will give you the 2 stereo outputs for live. You would then have to connect the output of the presonous into the stereo line in on channel 1 on the usb mixer. The other stereo output from live would go to channel 3 on the mixer. Then you mix between the two in the mixer (and do the earphone monitoring there too). Not sure if you can do this in Windows.

Might be simpler to look for a new usb device that has 2 stereo outputs, probably pick one up for less than £100. That way you can avoid using an aggregate device,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts