Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Producing with LaunchPad S, or LaunchPad Pro

Producing with LaunchPad S, or LaunchPad Pro 1 year 7 months ago #25099

• warren
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Producing in Ableton Live with LaunchPad S or LaunchPad Pro
The alternative and more direct description is probably 'not using a mouse *at all* and only using LaunchPad S or Pro'

Brief preface:
The LaunchPad95 scripts seriously improve the capabilities of the LaunchPad S. motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Novation_La...bleton_Live_Scripts/
In fact, I would go as far as saying the LaunchPad95 script on a LaunchPad S or MKII put the LaunchPad Pro to shame.
I was a little disappointed at how little the Pro has to offer (with the stock script)

For various reasons, I don't want to use a mouse, or reduce it's usage considerably.
I don't have the budget for a Push2.

I've setup default midi, and default audio tracks. So a selection of various devices, chains, instrument racks are present as soon as I add them using keyboard shortcuts.
I've been using AutoMap to assign buttons as momentary, or toggle, and you can assign querty commands to a button on the Launchpad using Automap.
I'm slowly mapping each of the keyboard shortcuts to the Launchpad S using Automap. In the hope that I can ditch the mouse.
Do you have any other ways I could achieve this?

here are a few issues:
1. How to focus on a device so it can be switched on and off. I can navigate using the left/right arrows, and the 'device' mode on the LaunchPad. But I still need to click on it to allow me to use '0' to switch the device on.
2. Is there any way to map a command to add a specific device or VST?
3. How to focus on devices in an instrument rack? You can focus on an instrument rack using the left/right arrow keys. But you can't 'jump' in to the chains.
If you click on a chain, you can use the up down arrow to navigate chains, but the '0' key (device on/off) does not switch on and off the device in the chain.

Is it possible to operate completely mouse free with Push2?

Thanks for your input.
Warren
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts