Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Midi mapping Soundcraft Ghost

Midi mapping Soundcraft Ghost 1 year 1 week ago #25161

• ecologie
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hey all, New to this TomCosm's site but have heard about his stuff for years.
I've been doing this stuff since 97 and have switched from Logic way back in the day to Ableton a few years ago.

Question for those that might have some insight. My studio consists of a decent amount of hardware. My mixer is a modded Soundcraft Ghost with Automation. As the Midi protocol is older in the Ghost, I'm trying to fool it/script it into allowing me to do the following.
Utilize the CUT/ midi mutes as record enable buttons in Live. I'm wondering, is it possible to filter midi messages?
My dilemma comes from setting up a midi map which i've created (for fast multitracking my gear), when the Cut button is pressed it actually triggers a midi note on my system or my gear. If i RECORD enable all, it flips the command and if a key is depressed then it will de-select it.

I can record a video if this is too complex.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Midi mapping Soundcraft Ghost 1 year 1 week ago #25164

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
Hey bro - a video would definitely help. Trying to understand but not familiar with the mixer.

Welcome to the forums!

Midi mapping Soundcraft Ghost 11 months 3 weeks ago #25223

• warren
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Welcome. I am not familiar with this mixer.
However, I believe what you want to do is translate midi messages in real time using a bunch of rules.
This can be achieved using www.midiox.com/
Options, Data Mapping, then write a bunch of Translation rules.
You can do this for incoming and outgoing messages, route them to different places etc..
I use this technique to translate NRPN message from a KORG ER-1 drum machine to Midi and then to Ableton.
Here's a tutorial I wrote ages ago invisibleagent.com/blog/news/howto-korg-...ribe-midi-controller

Hit me up with questions. More than happy to assist.
Warren

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts