Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Gear Consolidtion

Gear Consolidtion 1 year 5 months ago #25665

• araz
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 2
So I think I am at a point where I want to consolidate my hardware in regards to live performances. I want something compact that I can use daily, but if I were to step out into a venue lets say to perform I want to be able to still feel like I am in the loop with the technology that is out there so I can at least cue and play a track off these new CDJs without missing a beat.

Currently I have CDJ800MK2s, RANE TTM56, Serato SL1, and EFX1000. It's big, bulky, dated, and haven't really touched them in 5 or 6 years.

I do like the new controllers DDJ-SZ and was thinking of selling everything and picking up one of those for the house and to play around with. It is current with technology and has a similar layout to the CDJs that are out there. So if I were to step out and perform someplace it wouldn't be foreign territory.

I also have an Allen & Heath Xone 4D that I purchased maybe 10 years ago and is still sitting in the box (which I would like to use one day lol) and this is where my real question lies. Is there a configuration or a layout that would work well with the Xone and ableton live? I have a push 2 as well.

I don't really want to buy new gear, If I am going to I want to sell and purchase.

What do you guys recommend as a configuration for performance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gear Consolidtion 1 year 5 months ago #25677

• araz
cool. great chat.

Gear Consolidtion 1 year 5 months ago #25680

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
Personally I use a launchpad + some other Novation midi controllers to control ableton live.
Novation gear work quite well for that purpose, and I have seen they have released a lot of new exciting controllers.
I have also added some hardware analog synth and effects to my digital setup.

I know many people here are using the APC 40.

I don't know if Push is good for performance, isn't it more of a production tool?

Cheers,

Luc
lucky one - Atmospheric Electronica & ChillOut - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

Gear Consolidtion 1 year 5 months ago #25682

• araz
Thanks Luc - Yes the Push is more of a production tool. You can however use it to cue slots in session view which could be useful in working live performances.

I was looking into NI X1 mk2. looked like something I would be able to familiarize myself with. However I never really looked into anything novation. I will check out the launchpad and what else novation has to offer. thanks for that.

I am interested in incorporating the xone 4D in this fantasized setup I have in mind.

thanks!

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts