Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Gear Consolidtion

Gear Consolidtion 11 months 3 weeks ago #25665

• araz
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 2
So I think I am at a point where I want to consolidate my hardware in regards to live performances. I want something compact that I can use daily, but if I were to step out into a venue lets say to perform I want to be able to still feel like I am in the loop with the technology that is out there so I can at least cue and play a track off these new CDJs without missing a beat.

Currently I have CDJ800MK2s, RANE TTM56, Serato SL1, and EFX1000. It's big, bulky, dated, and haven't really touched them in 5 or 6 years.

I do like the new controllers DDJ-SZ and was thinking of selling everything and picking up one of those for the house and to play around with. It is current with technology and has a similar layout to the CDJs that are out there. So if I were to step out and perform someplace it wouldn't be foreign territory.

I also have an Allen & Heath Xone 4D that I purchased maybe 10 years ago and is still sitting in the box (which I would like to use one day lol) and this is where my real question lies. Is there a configuration or a layout that would work well with the Xone and ableton live? I have a push 2 as well.

I don't really want to buy new gear, If I am going to I want to sell and purchase.

What do you guys recommend as a configuration for performance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gear Consolidtion 11 months 2 weeks ago #25677

• araz
cool. great chat.

Gear Consolidtion 11 months 2 weeks ago #25680

• lucky one
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 195
Personally I use a launchpad + some other Novation midi controllers to control ableton live.
Novation gear work quite well for that purpose, and I have seen they have released a lot of new exciting controllers.
I have also added some hardware analog synth and effects to my digital setup.

I know many people here are using the APC 40.

I don't know if Push is good for performance, isn't it more of a production tool?

Cheers,

Luc
lucky one - Atmospheric Electronica & ChillOut - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify
lucky one - AtmosphericElectroRock - Facebook - SoundCloud - Spotify

Gear Consolidtion 11 months 2 weeks ago #25682

• araz
Thanks Luc - Yes the Push is more of a production tool. You can however use it to cue slots in session view which could be useful in working live performances.

I was looking into NI X1 mk2. looked like something I would be able to familiarize myself with. However I never really looked into anything novation. I will check out the launchpad and what else novation has to offer. thanks for that.

I am interested in incorporating the xone 4D in this fantasized setup I have in mind.

thanks!

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts