Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Autobeat - Max 4 Live 9

Autobeat - Max 4 Live 9 3 years 2 months ago #19198

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Hey guys.

I just purchased this great new M4L device from the ableton store called 'Autobeat'
It was only £20 but man it is fun to play with and such a cool tool to get new ideas going for a project.

Its a great way of creating drums and synth melody lines and so easy to use.

Check out this Video from Quantize Course's for a better understanding of it.

Autobeat - M4L Device

Here is the link to the Ableton store: www.ableton.com/en/packs/autobeat/
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Fork

Autobeat - Max 4 Live 9 3 years 2 months ago #19199

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Yeah I'm going to have to get more into the M4L stuff I think. I've seen this one before but didn't really look into it much. Looks pretty great. Something else I might mention is that point blank has a series of free M4L devices that are all really good. Don't know if you've seen them but they just put out a timestretch effect that is excellent. They also put out a riff generator and a free synth. Lots of stuff there for free. Anyway thanks for the heads up on the drum program.

us.pointblankonline.net/freebies/plugins/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl37, Cosmic Tree

Autobeat - Max 4 Live 9 3 years 2 months ago #19201

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
Yeah i have seen most of these and i have them ready to go....i like to get to know each device first before downloading another otherwise i just end up knee deep in devices and things I've not or wont use or i just forget i downloaded them all together, I do really need to use more of the M4L stuff too, I'm considering writing a tune just purely using M4L for everything.

Autobeat - Max 4 Live 9 3 years 2 months ago #19207

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
I have only used probably 2 m4l devices. Seems like there's a ton of cool stuff I just don't know what's in there and what things are available. I might have to try something like what you mentioned. Just use m4l stuff on a track just to figure everything out. Good idea. :cheer:

Autobeat - Max 4 Live 9 3 years 2 months ago #19265

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
Karl I don't know if you saw this but ableton had a writeup on autobeat today and links to some tutorials.

www.ableton.com/en/blog/closer-look-auto...ourses-and-askaudio/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl37

Autobeat - Max 4 Live 9 3 years 2 months ago #19266

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
Mr Fork wrote:
Karl I don't know if you saw this but ableton had a writeup on autobeat today and links to some tutorials.

www.ableton.com/en/blog/closer-look-auto...ourses-and-askaudio/

Yeah cool thanks, the video is the same one i linked from Quantize courses but the 'ask audio mag' review was a good read.

Have you taken a look at this yet? for me it will fast become one of my 'Go to' tools, especially when im having one of those writers block moments, its handy for synths too.

Autobeat - Max 4 Live 9 3 years 2 months ago #19268

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
I watched the videos and it's definitely something I'm going to be picking up. Was a great idea. Going to probably wait until the first of the year though. I have too many gifts to buy for the upcoming holidays. :(

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts