Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: EQ 8 tips

EQ 8 tips 3 years 4 months ago #19937

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Saw a great article on EQ8 via the ableton website. Pasted the link below. Some stuff in there I didn't know like EQ8 can turn a mono sound into stereo using L/R and adjusting some settings. Pretty cool.

www.ambmusic.net/2014/01/04/3-eq-tips-part-two/
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feyra Bass, MoneyMonsoon

EQ 8 tips 3 years 4 months ago #19978

• dopeGee
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 28
Nice man thanks for sharing!

EQ 8 tips 3 years 1 month ago #21004

• French
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 7
The 'notch' function in EQ 8 can be helpful for cleaning up a mix.

To clean up an individual track: Set one of the poles in EQ8 to notch then scan through the frequencies to find a spot where it doesn't negatively impact the overall sound of that element. This may not always work as the notch is a harsh means to clean up frequencies however you may get lucky.

To create space between elements: set the notch in the track with the fuller spectrum where it is interfering the other element in question. Eg. Say you have a thick bass line full of harmonics which is smoothing your hats (say at 10kHz) a solution may be to notch out at around 10kHz.

Try this out because Tom Cosm rocks.

Also the cone? of a kick drum is pretty much bang on 700Hz. Its that knock part. I've been playing with kicks lately. layering with Operator for the sub and various EQed samples on top. fun fun fun
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by French.

EQ 8 tips 3 years 1 month ago #21007

• brenno9
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 56
Good article. Eq eight is really impressive. I just found out last night that it has an oversample mode. Crazy!

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts