Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: low end distortion on speakers

low end distortion on speakers 3 years 7 months ago #20913

• French
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 7
Getting some distortion due to some low end frequencies in several of my tracks on one of my systems at home. I do not have the same problem with commercial tracks and my monitors have no problems reproducing my mix downs.

The system is a 2.1 Bose. I think the problem is at the crossover point between sub and satellites (maybe around 300Hz?). The mixes are "warm" with with a good amount of content around 300Hz. The dynamics are under control also. If I cut here I can control the distortion but at a massive loss of warmth that I don't want to lose. Because the commercial tracks don't exhibit this problem it must be an issue with my mixes.

Any other ideas other than cutting precious warmth away? Is there a way I can retain perceived warmth while avoiding this problem?

EDIT: I have fixed most of the mixes by high-passing or cutting away at or above 300Hz. The resonance was just due to noob mixing.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by French.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts