Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: low end distortion on speakers

low end distortion on speakers 3 years 5 months ago #20913

• French
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 7
Getting some distortion due to some low end frequencies in several of my tracks on one of my systems at home. I do not have the same problem with commercial tracks and my monitors have no problems reproducing my mix downs.

The system is a 2.1 Bose. I think the problem is at the crossover point between sub and satellites (maybe around 300Hz?). The mixes are "warm" with with a good amount of content around 300Hz. The dynamics are under control also. If I cut here I can control the distortion but at a massive loss of warmth that I don't want to lose. Because the commercial tracks don't exhibit this problem it must be an issue with my mixes.

Any other ideas other than cutting precious warmth away? Is there a way I can retain perceived warmth while avoiding this problem?

EDIT: I have fixed most of the mixes by high-passing or cutting away at or above 300Hz. The resonance was just due to noob mixing.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by French.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts