Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Automatic mastering service

Automatic mastering service 2 years 8 months ago #22152

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
Not sure how good this is, its a website that will master your tunes automatically.
it claims its driven by software that learns and is getting better.
You can get an unlimited number of tunes mastered to an 192kbps mp3 for free by signing up.
$9/month lets you get 4 uncompressed tunes and unlimited 192kbps mp3s per month
$19/month gives you unlimited uncompressed tunes a month

landr.com/#/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Automatic mastering service 2 years 8 months ago #22154

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
I had seen this article just before I saw this post. It's interesting for sure and maybe a decent idea for a quick master but I find it hard to believe that a computer program can take into account everything that goes into mastering. It's just like using an ozone preset. Yes it's going to do okay to get you kind of in the ballpark but I have a feeling that's as far as it goes. Still though as I haven't used the service I guess time will tell. Another thing I didn't see them address (which is kind of key to mastering) is multiple track mastering. For those who might be reading this and not know what I mean by that mastering a lot of times is done on a series of tracks to get them to have the same overall. It creates consistency throughout the album. If this thing "learns as it goes" it's also possible it's going to change the way it judges certain situations at which point your tracks will vary in overall sound from one to the next. Another thing they don't adequately address from what I've seen so far is reference tracks. There's a number of other things that I was wondering how they would handle this or that. So far I haven't found many answers. They make mention to some adjustable settings but that's about it. If someone ends up using this service you'll have to let us know how it works.

Automatic mastering service 2 years 8 months ago #22156

• Bl4cksun
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 142
Tried it with defaults on the free account. You can adjust a slider called intensity and that's it.
Didn't have time to mess with it much. It looks like they email mp3 but never arrived. Might check it out later rather than from work

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts