Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 2 minute tips with Database

2 minute tips with Database 4 years 3 months ago #16405

• caris
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 73
I know you've had the idea to do a comprehensive set of 2-minute ableton live tips. I think this is a brilliant idea and if you do it with a searchable database either online or in a max patch (no doubt the max patch might be harder to update and create but I think an online page would be really awesome as well). If the database is setup correctly this becomes the ultimate Ableton Live reference manual. I'm sure others experience this as well, you watch a bunch of tutorial videos, get tons of great ideas, then you get into a project and you can't remember how to do something; this is when the searchable database comes in, rather than re-watch an hour long video, search for the trick you are looking for and watch a quick 2-minute to get you the trick you need and then on with your production. Should be really helpful.

Also, I think you should leverage the tutorials of others for this project, not just use your own effort. I know afrodjmac has done a series of 2-minute tips, I'm not sure if other trainers have as well. If you also include those in the database, then you don't have to create every possible video yourself and can potential build the project out much quicker.

I think this is a brilliant project that really needs to be done, and I hope that you can do it ;-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl37

2 minute tips with Database 4 years 3 months ago #16406

• Tom Cosm
  • Administrator
  • Official
  • Thank you received: 282
Thanks Caris, this sort of ties in with the most mammoth project I've got underway which is a short 1-2 minute video on every single thing that can be found in the manual.. however this is all standard procedural stuff so something with more a creative flair could be good!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl37

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts