Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Help with midi note stretching

Help with midi note stretching 4 years 7 months ago #17727

• Bass_Gorilla
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi I am following a long in your glitchop power course and on the first vid you are shortening the length of your drum midi notes and the it shortens the sound but when I shorten the note it still plays the full length of the drum hit. I have looked online but I cannot a solution. Thanks in advance for any help :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with midi note stretching 4 years 7 months ago #17741

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Bass_gorilla this is actually answered in a sticky topic in these forums. You may want to have a look in the pro section if you get stuck. I've seen alot of this question. The answer is in your ADSR. For some reason Tom's release is set to 0 or very low in those tutorials but default is about 50%. Maybe he set a different default and forgot he did it. I couldn't say. Either way when you're watching the video look at his attack decay sustain release settings when going through. I don't know if you know how to get to those settings or not so I'll explain. Go to your drum rack and click on the sound that should be shorter. It pulls up an instance of a sampler (I think they use simpler actually). Look for four values "Attack Decay Sustain Release". They should be right next to each other. Release is "how long the note will continue after the midi trigger has ended" at least in this context. So a 0 value will mean the sound will stop when the note stops and a 100% value will mean the sound will only stop once the end of the sound has been reached. Regardless of how short the note is. Best of luck man. Hope that helped.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bass_Gorilla

Help with midi note stretching 4 years 7 months ago #17803

• Bass_Gorilla
Thanks heaps. I searched other forums but didn't think to search this one for some reason.

Help with midi note stretching 4 years 7 months ago #17805

• Bass_Gorilla
Mr Fork wrote:
Bass_gorilla this is actually answered in a sticky topic in these forums. You may want to have a look in the pro section if you get stuck. I've seen alot of this question. The answer is in your ADSR. For some reason Tom's release is set to 0 or very low in those tutorials but default is about 50%. Maybe he set a different default and forgot he did it. I couldn't say. Either way when you're watching the video look at his attack decay sustain release settings when going through. I don't know if you know how to get to those settings or not so I'll explain. Go to your drum rack and click on the sound that should be shorter. It pulls up an instance of a sampler (I think they use simpler actually). Look for four values "Attack Decay Sustain Release". They should be right next to each other. Release is "how long the note will continue after the midi trigger has ended" at least in this context. So a 0 value will mean the sound will stop when the note stops and a 100% value will mean the sound will only stop once the end of the sound has been reached. Regardless of how short the note is. Best of luck man. Hope that helped.

He is using the drum rack but I changed the release time down from 60s too much lower and copied to siblings and it worked. Thanks for the help dude, much appreciated for a beginner like me.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts