Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Using multiple midi devices

Using multiple midi devices 4 years 4 months ago #18719

• caris
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 73
Hey Tom,
I'd love to see a thread/video(s) on how to get multiple midi devices working well together. Last weekend I tried using my Push and my APC40 together, which I thought would be an awesome setup, however I immediately found some issue. I.e. when I tried to adjust levels on the APC40 with the sliders, they didn't stay, as if the Push was overwriting the changes I had made with the APC40, even though I didn't touch levels on the Push. There were some other conflicts as well.

My ideal setup is APC40 to control track launch, knobs and levels (i.e. the mix) ; use the push for instruments, recording new ideas, laying down new ideas, etc; and also be able to use a mini-keyboard for separate instrumentation, and an iPad with either Touchable or Lemur, for additional touch controls, effects, etc.

I know you have the Push, launchpad, and iPad, so I was wondering what you could do to help getting these devices working together. I'm sure the APC40 is a bit different than the launchpad since it was built to work specifically with Ableton, and I would have expected less conflict with the Push than I encountered since they are both by Akai, but unfortunately they seem to conflict. I'm sure there are solutions, which is why some Tom Cosm video expertise would be great :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts