Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Remix / Mashup Tutorial Series

Remix / Mashup Tutorial Series 3 years 3 months ago #19195

• B-Naut
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
Hey Tom.

I really like your super-complex ways to shape exactly the sound you want in Ableton. Your tutorials really are no-nonsense and often think outside the box to get from Point A to Point B. Kudos for that.

What I would like to see is how you would approach a remix of a single song or using multiple songs to make a mashup. What would be your general workflow from start to finish? Often remix competitions give you stems of what was pre-recorded and want the public to create something new and interesting from those stems. I would be especially interested in seeing this tutorial series focus on flipping genres (i.e.: Glitch Hop converted to hard Electro House).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Remix / Mashup Tutorial Series 3 years 1 month ago #19746

• Bass_Gorilla
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
I 2nd this

Remix / Mashup Tutorial Series 2 years 7 months ago #22380

Hey Tom,

I'm sure the whole community would love to see some tutorial videos on remix and mashups. Me particularly would like to see how to properly warp an accapella and lay it on a basetrack.

Much appreciated,

Chris
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by ChristopherARLee.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts