Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Genres and Form

Genres and Form 4 years 1 month ago #19203

• caris
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 73
I think a document/video/guide on electronic music genres and forms would be really cool. Sometimes it's nice to do your own thing, but other times you want to hit a specific genre, but it's not always clear what the essential elements of different genres are. Some are obvious, but others are more subtle, and sometimes there are options, like some genres cover a spectrum of BPM, while others are set at a very specific speed. I think a guide to this (other than wikipedia) would be really nice, maybe something like this already exists, but if so I haven't been able to find it.

Same goes for form. Sometimes form is important to a genre, but more often form is not linked to genre, and I have never seen a good guide for what forms work very well in IDM, what options are within a form, why to use a certain form, what forms are related, etc.

I think both these guides would be extremely awesome to create.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Genres and Form 4 years 1 month ago #19206

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 87
Here here :lol:

Genres and Form 4 years 1 month ago #19345

• Cosmic Tree
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 17
Up! ;)

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts