Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sylenth

Sylenth 3 years 3 weeks ago #22360

• JaMon
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 4
Can anyone direct me to some Sylenth tutorials that explain what I"m doing as I do it like Tom Cosm does. All I can find is videos telling you what to set to get specific sounds, I"d like to make the why/what the settings are doing so I can come up with my own sounds.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sylenth 3 years 3 weeks ago #22362

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
I'm not sure if you've seen these but Sadowick has a bunch of tutorials on sylenth including a beginners guide which explains the different sections. Beyond just learning what pieces of the synth have what function you really need to be asking the question of how you do sound design with subtractive synthesis as a fair amount of the subtractive synth vsts operate in similar ways there's just s different interface to get used to with maybe some routing differences. So basically once you know the concepts of synthesis itself then the only real question is what features your particular synth offers. Once you know that then the same concepts apply across the board (for the most part and again I'm stating this in a subtractive synthesis context.....of course there are different types of synthesis and the rules are different for each but the point is....learn the fundamentals and then it won't matter which one you "learn"). I posted part one of the synlenth beginner vids below.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JaMon

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts