Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Plug Ins - the cosm assessment process

Plug Ins - the cosm assessment process 2 years 3 months ago #24481

• mc
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
How do you decide on what plugin you want to add for your sound?
You seem to use mainly ableton's own tools in your tutorials - including the latest tutorials on Splice. Fab.
But in the first one, you have a few third party synths - used it seems v.sparingly - FM8, DIVA, mini
How do you decide you need/want/will use a third party synth?
Going through any one synth they have SO MANY sounds - ableton's suite itself comes with SO MUCH - what goes on for you to say it's time for a new module and it will be THIS ONE rather than THAT ONE?

Do you sit down on a given day and say i'm just going to go through everything in this synth and learn it? or??
so a tutorial about that selection process both within but especially without the ableton live tools would be wonderful.
thank you for the invitation to make suggestions here.

mc
@mcphoo
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by mc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts