Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 10 months ago #13166

• MAxy
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 11
Hey you guise, been gone a minute but I return to you with presents. If you don't know about this synth by ImageLine, you best get familiar. I have been fuckin around with this for the last couple days and I am completely in love. Check it:

http://www.image-line.com/documents/harmor.html

Watch some youtube videos of this thing too, even though the majority of tuts on this are in FL Studio it is still completely doable in Live.

This is going to change the way I do my bass synthesis forever. That Unison feature is so sexy, the image synthesis is where it is fucking at you guise, for cerial.

Anyone heard of this or used it yet??!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 5 months ago #15255

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 87
I'm a little late but I'm new and looking through old forum posts
I can't believe more people aren't onto Harmor! When I first heard that bass I couldn't believe it. I got it at an Imageline sale. It was that end of the world sale last Dec.
I think people just don't use FL Studio much. I use Ableton pretty much exclusively now but I still use the Fruity VSTs.

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 5 months ago #15259

• caris
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 73
Yes, it's a pretty cool synth, but unfortunately because it's Windows only I can't use it in Live. I have played with it in FL Studio and it does have some sweet functionality, though it is pretty complicated as you might expect with anything truly powerful....

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 5 months ago #15260

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
That's exactly why I chose a PC. All those Windows-friendly VST's. Macs do rule though...

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 5 months ago #15399

• IsaacPearl
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 2
I used it quite a lot when i was using fl studio.. i didn't know much about synthesis back then as i know now so i can't really give a piece of my mind about it.. I will have to give it a try..

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 5 months ago #15404

• caris
I don't know a ton about synthesis... (still tackling that steep learning curve) But it seems like there are things you can do in Harmor that you can't do in other synthesizers like Massive. Though to be honest I need to dig much deeper into Massive. There are certainly things you can do in both that you can't do in Operator or Analog.

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 5 months ago #15408

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Is it the effects that the synth provides that are awesome or does it actually do oscillation, amplification, or filtration differently. Like, for instance, Massive uses lots of wavetables as an oscillation source whereas analog is digital analog emulation. Because of this I can do things with Massive I can't do with operator or analog. But I don't even use the effects section in massive. There are effects plugins that do way better.

I used to think synthesis was the whole process up to and including effects but I'm thinking I was wrong about that. Now when I think of synthesis I don't include effects (I'm not sure if I'm correct in this or not). Synthesis, in my mind, is oscillation, amplification and filtration. I'm not sure where to throw in modulation. Then after the synthesis is done you sculpt it with effects. So again the question is what makes this synth different? If effects are the only thing different then I'd just look for some spectacular audio effects that way you can use them on whatever you want versus just having them on your synth.

Just taking a brief look at it most of what I'm seeing on here are effects. I haven't used it for sure though so it's tough to say on my part.

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 5 months ago #15411

• caris
Harmor is considered a hybrid synthesizer, so it does both additive and subtractive synthesis, which maybe just means it includes effects in the chain, which is certainly does. But the two things it does which I haven't seen other synths do is resynthesis: which means you can drop an MP3 or other sound source onto it and it will analyze and synthesize the sound for you and use it as the sound source (and its not just using the sample, it actually recreates it). And image synthesis, which is kind of strange, but you can actually drop an image onto it and it will generate a sound based on the image. There are probably other synths out there that do these things, but this is the first I have seen of these features. It's also an all around powerful interface which pretty much allows you to map any parameter to any other, and you can draw totally crazy envelopes in it, or have it generate them for you. I haven't really delved into any of these features, but watched them demo'd and it makes it a pretty sweet synth which lots of potential.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Fork

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 5 months ago #15413

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
Now that is interesting. I wonder how it determines the instrument out of the mp3 that you're trying to recreate. If anyone ends up getting it/using it you'll have to let me know. I don't know if I'd ever use that feature but it would be interesting to know.

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 4 months ago #15739

• Grimsin
You know. I bought this when that sale that end of the world sale was going on also, but unfortunatey it was way out of my synthesis skills, so I ditched it moved to massive... Ahh massive not only is it simple, but you make crazy wicked sounds.. Love it.. Anyways I'm glad I found this topic because I forgot I had it. I'm gonna go see if I can't crack this one.

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 2 months ago #16781

• sqyttles
I love harmor. It can do lots of stuff that no other synthesizer can. I'd highly recommend it if you are tired of using Massive and/or Sylenth.

Does anyone have any home-made Harmor patches to share? I have about 80 I've saved over the months; 40 of them might be useful.

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 2 months ago #16793

• SandvichDISH!
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 52
I especially love the image synthesis feature, thanks for reminding me that is a thing! Imma use that some more again

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 2 months ago #16796

• dopeGee
  • 3rd Harmonic (Expert Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 28
so whut would be a good option for mac? I have used massive before at a friends it seems good but do i want to spend that much for it? Is there any other powerful options that are value for money that someone could reccomend? I have learnt a lot with analog and operator but i am wanting to try a vst for basessssssizzzzz :)

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 2 months ago #16827

• Feyra Bass
  • Veteran Member
Everyone uses Massive and there are loads of tuts out there for the watching and reading. AND you can DL other people's presets. So there's lots of support that comes with it. If you want to put out for something I would suggest Massive. I think it's the easiest one to get your head around the fastest. All that modulation! All those "dirty Skrillex bass" youtube videos! Or you could save up 150% more money and get Komplete: Massive, FM8, Battery, Other.... ($200 each vs $500 US) You'll never need to buy another thing. But that is a large chunk o change. Do you have a birthday coming up?

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 2 months ago #16839

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
There are a number of things that make Massive a good synth but really what you're going to want to look at is sound source. Massive is a wavetable synth instead of digital oscillation or analog emulated oscillation. Recently cakewalk had Rapture on sale for $20 which is also a wavetable synth. But there's even another option. Check out this article on ableton's site www.ableton.com/en/blog/free-wavetable-synth-using-simpler/ . Wavetable synthesis really is played back and looped, sampled wave forms. So it makes sense a sampler can substitute that functionality. Then you'd just add the things you need from there using native devices or vst effects. Envelope followers, LFOs, reverbs, custom filters, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Feyra Bass

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 1 month ago #17454

• cruzmeyers
  • Thank you received: 1
Ive been using Harmor since the day it was released, good stuff, love the XY"Z", prism and harmonizer for modulating the partials of samples. Way fun loading pictures and making wicked sounds. For Mac users look at iZotope's Iris or NI's Scanner XT for something comparable.
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by cruzmeyers.

Harmor - OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII​IIIIIIII 4 years 1 month ago #17463

• FalseIdentity
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 26
@Mr Fork That aqueous chaps simpler instrument is awesome! Really good work, gonna have a play with that now :D Also, your definition of synthesis earlier is correct I believe

Harmor looks pretty kwl, just downloaded the demo to see what its like. Definitely like the idea of using images to shape sound, this could be interesting :)

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts