Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Anyone else having problems with Massive?

Anyone else having problems with Massive? 3 years 8 months ago #20044

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
I don't know how many of you use massive but seriously mine just stopped working a couple days ago. when I turn it on stand alone I hear a popping noise and all the sound on my computer stops until I close Massive. If I open massive in a DAW or in maschine it just locks up the software and everything stops responding. Anyone else getting this or anyone know what's goin on?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone else having problems with Massive? 3 years 8 months ago #20106

• reflexibel
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
no, all of my friends use massive a lot,bcause it works stable.
did u look at the sevice center of Ni if there is a new update version?

Anyone else having problems with Massive? 3 years 8 months ago #20107

• simonhuber
  • 1st Harmonic (Junior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 3
Other option would be to remove and re-add it. Bit of a cop out I know but needs must. On that tip there is a really nice app called AppDelete which is really good at removing applications and all their other components from your OS X system.

Anyone else having problems with Massive? 3 years 8 months ago #20108

• velchrome
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 38
It stopped working on my desktop still works on my laptop. Crashes anytime i try to run multiple things. But i Still love it. Think i will try and delete it and re-add after reading some of the comments here. Thanks for asking Mr. Fork!

Anyone else having problems with Massive? 3 years 8 months ago #20109

• velchrome
  • 4th Harmonic (Gold Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 38
I should also add I'm am the worst when it comes to these types of problems and i haven't tried hard at all to keep it tuned up. So i bet for tech geeks or even just people with basic computer skills its works amazing.

Anyone else having problems with Massive? 3 years 8 months ago #20127

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Yeah I know another guy who's having the same issues as me. He hasn't figured it out either. I'm not entirely certain what's going on. I've talked to NI and they had me delete the database and reinstall the app. I've reinstalled it about 7 times now different ways. It's gotta be something about the way the soundcard driver is communicating with massive or vice versa. When I load it up standalone there's a popping sound and my soundcard stops working. only starts up again when I close it. If I try to play notes it just freezes. Same with if I switch patches. If I change sample rates from 48khz to say 44khz it plays this terrible loud sound and it doesn't stop till I close the app or switch all my audio settings in the device and windows back to 48khz at which point it stops the sound again. So yeah.....no idea. might try a fresh install. I've tried installing about 3 different releases of massive from 1.1 to 1.4 which is the current. Going to service center it says I'm up to date.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts