Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group. While the forums were great 10 years ago, they are now difficult to maintain due to constant spam. I spend most of my time just cleaning them up, rather than interacting. This, combined with finding it difficult to directly communicate with other users through several different social media platforms, I have decided to consolodate it all to one group where people can chat with me, ask questions and jibber jabber with other users on a regular basis. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 8 months ago #20046

• reflexibel
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
heya tom,
we love ya.

We are sitting together and wondering wether there is an easy way to start making a track that is tuned to the base frequency of 432 hz, rather than the manipulative and conditioned 440hz which are not in harmony with nature.

How would we go about setting this option in ableton live?
If there IS no good way yet, would we really have to set every individual synthesizer or track to 432 hz somehow (via synthesizer "options" or fine tuning to 432 hz)?

Due to the long awaited global awakening we all want to know now.
Is there anything you Tom or this lovely community can offer to advance and focus the knowledge in this thread? Maybe also with special reference to Ableton, plugins or well working workflow methods for achieving the cosic tuning effortlessly?

much love from "germany" (there are no borders)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zeb

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 7 months ago #20221

• Cosmic Tree
  • 2nd Harmonic (Senior Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 17
Here is a tip someone made on tuning a single synth (operator) to 432. www.cosm.co.nz/Forum/software-discussion...a-432hz-operator-tip I think that it's impossible to tune the track in the mastering process to this freq. Do you have any examples, on how this tunning afects music? I still think it's just a myth and something that artist can post about on his facebook page to fill the holes ;P
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Cosmic Tree.

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 7 months ago #20225

• rev.19
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 44
Hey cosmic tree,

it´s quiet natural. For example, the Great Highland Bagpipe is tuned naturally that way, that´s why it´s sometimes difficult to implement the pipes into a "normal" Band. Most time it sounds out of tune if the other instruments are not detuned a bit.
The other thing is, beside all this "spiritual" stuff ;) , look at the history of the harmonic development and You´ll see that the thing with 440 Hz is manmade. That´s what I know about that so far, if there is any spiritual impact in 432Hz music, I don´t know... :side:

Cheers,

Dan

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 7 months ago #20415

• Dubxile
  • Thank you received: 4
The following user(s) said Thank You: reflexibel

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 4 months ago #21773

• RiverGoblin
  • Thank you received: 8
I have been using non standard tunings for about 2 years now. I use a few different softwares and hard synths but here is my method for using Ableton devices. hope it helps

-How to re-tune Ableton's native instruments- (No additional plug-ins required!)

This is the correct way to do it. Changing the master pitch post production will create incorrect intonation. Tuning must be done to each device, just like it would be done in a real orchestra.
Analogue: Global parameters are found by clicking the global shell, tuning parameter is in the keyboard options. Increments in cents, so -32c = -8hz. See Ableton Reference manual p335.

Operator: No global tuning option available. However, you can tune each oscilator independantly. heres how- On the oscilator shell increase the fine knob all the way up to plus 1000cents. This moves oscilator up by one octave, so use the transpose knob to level it back out. Then turn the fine knob down to 968cents (1000-32=968) See ableton reference manual p360. Check your tones against a tuner, tweek as needed.

Simpler: Very easy- look for the detune parameter on the front panel. increments in cents.

Sampler: Same as above.

Electric: Same as above.

Collision- never used it but at first glance I can see several tuning parameters available.

So there you have it. Read the manual, try these methods. Check your tones against a guitar tuner. Using your tuner as a reference you can easily adjust your ableton instruments to taste, just like you do with acoustic instruments. Job done- Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: reflexibel, zeb, e.t Muluk

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 4 months ago #21781

• zeb
  • Thank you received: 25
Great stuff! This will be useful for other purposes too, say tuning ableton so one can play along with a didgeridoo or other non standard-A-tuned instrument in a live setting.
I guessed the answer would have something to do with bringing up a spectrum from the audio effects, to check, but it seems no. Hurray

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 4 months ago #21785

• benjaminsravikumar
  • Thank you received: 15
this might help a lil bit...
The following user(s) said Thank You: reflexibel

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 4 months ago #21788

• seizar
  • Thank you received: 19
Hey Man,
Unfortunately you cannot change the global tuning in ableton, if you want to experiment the easiest thing to do is to move across to Logic.
In logic its as simple as changing it in your options and then by default the daw is doing everything at that rate. i have heard of a way people have done it with certain things in ableton via tuning but i think your going to be committing yourself to alot more math/logic in your workflow which is especially hard when were talking about this style of music.

The whole point of 432hz music is that 432hz is the resonating frequency of the heart. The artist can follow his heart, his internal rhythm and by following feeling rather then any predetermined definition of music he can write something that truely 'sings' to his heart. You know what im talking about, when you hear that beat thats just....perfect, its like a first kiss, like no thought in the world could possible be worth entering your head cause your too busy waiting for the next sound to come through. Its a greater feeling of connection to the music.
Changing from 440 to 432 globally wont drastically change your sound, it will change the listeners ability to connect to the feeling you had making it easier. ofc if your writing a ego boosting club banger, there's no deeper feeling so there wouldn't really be a point in the change.

Should have a look into merkaba, tetrameth, kalya scintilla, mukumushu etc and you may get what i mean:) (yes im aware tetra doesnt write in 432, he just has to be included here cause......its fucking tetrameth)
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by seizar.

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 4 months ago #21823

• RiverGoblin
  • Thank you received: 8
seizar wrote:
the easiest thing to do is to move across to Logic.

Or read my post above :)
Using a guitar tuner calibrated to A=432 gives consistent accurate results, very important when using both acoustic and digital instruments. Using only a mathmatical formula might work but it bypasses your ears- the most valuable recource at any musicians disposal.

My latest release is all in 432, I have tried other tunings, 432 is the one I like best. you can check it out here on Kalya Scintilla's Merkaba Music Label.
merkabamusic1.bandcamp.com/album/bardo-river-the-ritual

I did not use logic. I use Ableton.

I agree a global retune option in Live would make life a bit easier, but it is very easy to retune individual instruments, so personally the lack of global retune is not an obstacle.

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 3 months ago #22158

• reflexibel
"thank you all so much for your great input and feedback, we really really love you guys and yes, we are dirty hippies on a quest, so while we have yet to find THE proof that 432 hz beats 440 hz for cosmic reasons we go about it as any other thing: experience. the dancefloor test will be the ultimate and there are countless reasons to suspect that there might be more to this than the naysayers say i especially loved this one studying the concept of everything being frequency on a different spectrum very much supports the notion to search for "musical indexes" that are in (closer) alignment with the dynamics and mathematics that can be found in nature. such as the fibonacci sequence and the golden ratio. and the flower of life. in music. there is so much to learn, we are only starting out here Again, thanks to all, we'll tune some synths now and soon to full consciousness

[url=http://]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zw0uWCNsyw[/url]

Want to make music in 432 hz and find the best way 3 years 3 months ago #22159

• reflexibel
Tuning every instrument is the right way.....

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts