Forum Information

Dear users, I have decided to phase out the posting on the forums on this website and move any discussions over to this private facebook group or join the Discord for realtime chat. I will not make the forums offline as there is a wealth of content, but posting has now been disabled. Thanks to all those who have contributed over the years, and I'll see you over on the Facebook group or Discord! -Tom

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: VST

VST 3 years 9 months ago #20427

• to.abhinav
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Some High end vst for quality music production ??? Is having TB of vst worth ??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

VST 3 years 9 months ago #20452

• Mr Fork
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Man......that topic could go on forever if you don't add boundaries. Ultimately you just asked "what should I eat". Well......to answer that I have to know what types of foods you like and what sort of thing you're hungry for. Main dish, side dish, snack, dessert, etc. How much are you willing to spend for food?? You're just saying "put some food in front of me....anything".

I mean......I could recommend to you the Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 9 set but it may be overkill depending on what you're looking for. Reminds me of your other question about what keyboard you should get. Well....what do you need the keyboard to do? So before you can answer what would be good you have to know what it is you're trying to do. You need instruments or effects?? Want to know what's good for you??? Do some research. Go to google or your favorite search engine and type in vst plugin. You'll notice you get a TON of results...why.....because you're being too general. Now try VST plugin instruments, or vst compressor, or vst EQ. Try "best vst plugins" and you'll get lists of good suggestions. Ultimately though it won't do you a bit of good if you don't know what you are wanting or needing. If you have ableton live the built in effects are really good. Start there. If you want instruments figure out what types of sounds you're trying to make. Mess around with some free ones. Look for "best free vst instruments" and you'll get some good stuff.

Here's some things I use. Not sure if they'll work for you. NI Komplete 9 ultimate, Ohmforce Ohmicide, Izotope Alloy 2, iZotope Nectar Elements, Abelton Live instruments and effects, Flux Stereo Tool, Flux Bittersweet V3, Meldaproduction free bundle, TAL audio effects, Variety of Sound effects (32 bit only), Kairatune, Synth1, firebird 2, Zebralette, Maschine (this is part software part hardware and can work standalone).

Other things I'm thinking about getting are the Fabfilter plugin set (I pretty much want all of them), the rest of the ohmforce plugins, stutter edit, Ozone, Sonic Academy Ana, Zebra 2, Rob Papen Blue synth, UHE Diva, UHE Satin, QuikQuak Upstereo Pro.

Ultimately though I wouldn't recommend a single thing off of that list for you though because before something can be recommended you have to know more about what it is you're looking for. Start small, learn what you have and what you don't have. Then start filling in the gaps. I'm not sure what TB of vst means. Maybe you're asking if having lots is worth it.....only if you know how to use what you have effectively and each item has a purpose.

VST 3 years 9 months ago #20459

• Karl37
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 542
Yeah man your going to have to shed some more light of what kind of music you like to produce.

Though if you equip yourself with even half of what Mr.Fork just mentioned above you will be pretty much set for any kind of music production. I would add Nexus 2 and Alchemy to the list though and any of the Fabfilter VST's.
Check out my Soundcloud - soundcloud.com/k37productions
Follow Me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/K37productions

VST 3 years 9 months ago #20469

• Syikom
  • Veteran Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Try Phoscyon from d16 or Bassline from audio realism for good TB VST
Personally Operator included in LIVE and U-He Zebra 2 are my current fabs

www.voltagedisciple.com
Ableton LIVE Packs and VST synth Sounds

VST 3 years 8 months ago #20698

• to.abhinav
  • Fundamental (Fresh Boarder)
  • Thank you received: 1
Sorry for late reply .. I was busy.Mr fork thanks the useful info .Actually I read some article on web and i wanted to put this question in the forum.

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Cron Job Starts